Network share password

How do I change a network share password in XP Pro using workgroups? I'm
trying to access my XP Pro PC from a Windows 98 PC and I am being asked for
a password. As far as I can remember I never setup a password on the XP Pro
system.

thanks.

W Weldin

Mac

"Willis Weldin" <wweldin@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How do I change a network share password in XP Pro using workgroups? I'm
> trying to access my XP Pro PC from a Windows 98 PC and I am being asked
> for a password. As far as I can remember I never setup a password on the
> XP Pro system.
>
> thanks.
>
> W Weldin

If you have a user name and password to get onto your 98 machine you need to
have the same password and username on the XP machine or it wont work, as
far as I am aware anyway.

Woady

Weldin,

It's the user account and password. Logon to Windows 98 using the same
username/pwd as in the XP system (don't cancel the logon dialog at startup).

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org