XP Pro wont boot.

Hi im new to the forum. The other day I using my computer (Compaq
Presario), and the all of a sudden it rebooted without any warning.
While it was starting when it showed the windows XP boot screen it
jammed. So I turned it off and when I tried to boot it would'nt. I have
some ideas as to what the problem can be:

1. Its overheating.
2. The CPU is fried.
3. There's something wrong with the video card.

If any of you can help me that would be great. I have 2 fans inside the
computer and about 1 week ago I bought a new CPU cooling fan. I believe
the video card is a NVIDIA TNT2. Please help me with this problem.
Thanks in advance! ;)

--
Killabrew

I am having this exact same problem. I am sure that it doesn't have anything
to do with the hardware at this point. I was a SP2 beta tester (wondering if
you were as well?) and didn't upgrade to the official RTM version. My own
personal opinion is that the liscense for the beta timed out and is now
throwing a hissy.

I can get the comp to boot up into safe mode just fine (which is why I am
positive it's not hardware related) so auto update either dl'd something last
night and it's conflicting or it's the sp2 beta license problem.

Kyle Holgate

"Killabrew" wrote:

> Hi im new to the forum. The other day I using my computer (Compaq
> Presario), and the all of a sudden it rebooted without any warning.
> While it was starting when it showed the windows XP boot screen it
> jammed. So I turned it off and when I tried to boot it would'nt. I have
> some ideas as to what the problem can be:
>
> 1. Its overheating.
> 2. The CPU is fried.
> 3. There's something wrong with the video card.
>
> If any of you can help me that would be great. I have 2 fans inside the
> computer and about 1 week ago I bought a new CPU cooling fan. I believe
> the video card is a NVIDIA TNT2. Please help me with this problem.
> Thanks in advance! ;)
>

> --
> Killabrew

TRENDING THREADS