Old CD-ROM's on XP Pro

apprentice

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2005

I have a copy of Sophies World a PC CD ROM with ESS230 on the spine.
Which worked fine on my old win 95 machine. Since upgrading to XP PRO i
cannot load this software. It claims 'The
fileC:\windows\system32\msvcrt40.dll is in use & cannot be installed.
Please exit all other programs and retry.'
I have called the tech support line and they offer no help. I have
tried the old system config files in win xp pro to no avail.
Can any one offer any help.
apprentice.

XP sometimes has trouble with software that old. Open the Help and Support
Center and read the article entitled: Getting older programs to run on
Windows XP

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."