WinXP Has to restart 3-4 times on boot up.

I have a Dell Insprion 8500 Laptop. I am running WinXP with SP2.
The Promblem:
My computer starts to boot up, then the WinXp logo comes on the screen then
a blue screen flashes on the screen then the computer restarts. I cannot
read the blue screen because it flashes up to fast. Then I get the "do you
want to start in safe mode" screen comes up. I hit start normally and then
the computer will show the WinXp logo again and then repeat the problem
again. On the 3 or 4th try WinXp will load normally

Has anyone encountered this before and how can I fix this.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rodney

The only time this happened to me was when I updated my video card driver.
As soon as I had done that the computer on restart would do exactly the same
as yours. I had to go into safe mode and remove the updated driver. Once
that was done no problems. It turned out I had to uninstall all the video
card drivers before installing the updated one and once that was done I have
never had that problem again.

So have you installed anything recently or since you had this problem???

Hope that might help you in some way...

Collette

"Dazed and Confussed" <DazedandConfussed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BCAC4FB5-1BC3-45CD-AC5D-F5FD95BE6A1D@microsoft.com...
>I have a Dell Insprion 8500 Laptop. I am running WinXP with SP2.
> The Promblem:
> My computer starts to boot up, then the WinXp logo comes on the screen
> then
> a blue screen flashes on the screen then the computer restarts. I
> cannot
> read the blue screen because it flashes up to fast. Then I get the "do
> you
> want to start in safe mode" screen comes up. I hit start normally and then
> the computer will show the WinXp logo again and then repeat the problem
> again. On the 3 or 4th try WinXp will load normally
>
> Has anyone encountered this before and how can I fix this.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Rodney

I have the same problem occasionally. It appears to be a problem with my
speaker driver not loading sometimes. The moving line in the WinXP screen
will pause for a moment and if I don't hear a slight "pop" from my speakers,
Winows restarts. Occasionally it will take more than one restart; but
rarely. I don't consider it to be a major problem.