what mobo???

G

i have had compatobility problems with my epox 8KTA-2 (socket a) mobo and my winfast leadtek geforce2 mx, i need to know what motherboard should i get that does really well with GeForce cards, im thinking about getting an Abit KT7-RAID.
if you have the same video card as me and have a stable comp could you please tell me what mobo your using?

G

you should give full system specs if you want help, may not be the mobo you are having problems with, usually psu.

G

my computer concists of....
duron 700
epox 8kta2 mobo
winfast leadtek geforce2 mx (w/tv out)
maxtor 30gig 7200rpm ata100
panasonic 4x cdr
128meg pc133 ram ibm
sony 48x cd drive
aopen 250watt case

i dont think that it is a cpu problem, i have talked to a couple other people who said they have the same problem, i tried different ram in my putie, that didnt work, then i tried a different video card (tnt2) and everything worked fine, stable as a rock, but i dont want a tnt2, and i know my video card isnt actually broked coz i sent it back to the place of purchase and they tested it and said nothing was wrong with it. (also i send back the mobo) i really dont think any of the hardware is broked, i just think that the motherboard doest work with the video card, would anyone recommend anything i should do? should i get a new motherboard or a new video card? i was thinking of getting a new motherboard Abit KT7 even though it is more expenisive than a new video card just because i have talked to a couple people with the KT7 and the winfast leadtek geforce 2mx and they say it works fine with no worries.

any replies appreciated

G

thing is, geforces use A LOT more power than tnt2's. I think your power supply is too little to have a high power using cpu and vid card.

G

i'll give my mobo and everything a go on a 300watt psu. but what if that doest work, what would you recommend then? i am able to buy a new mobo if it comes to that but i just want to know that that is what is wrong with the computer.