I want to set up a Public Access Wireless AP -- Any softwa..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

I have business class DSL in a strip mall. I'd like to sell access to
my wireless access point. My DSL contract allows this.

Is there any existing software that manages the collect credit-card
and grant access process? Is this typically done using the MAC address
of the wlan client?

If software doesn't already exist I guess I'll need to write some. I
assume this would be best done using Linux because the
firewall/routing capabilities are robust and easy to manage. Any
comments?

Thanks,
John

Check out http://www.publicip.net/