I want to set up a Public Access Wireless AP -- Any softwa..

Hi,

I have business class DSL in a strip mall. I'd like to sell access to
my wireless access point. My DSL contract allows this.

Is there any existing software that manages the collect credit-card
and grant access process? Is this typically done using the MAC address
of the wlan client?

If software doesn't already exist I guess I'll need to write some. I
assume this would be best done using Linux because the
firewall/routing capabilities are robust and easy to manage. Any
comments?

Thanks,
John
3 answers Last reply
More about public access wireless softwa

    Check out http://www.publicip.net/

    Check out http://www.dnsredirector.com

    http://nocat.net

    JPElectron wrote:

    > Check out http://www.dnsredirector.com
    >

    > "John" <johnfofawn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have business class DSL in a strip mall. I'd like to sell access to
    >>my wireless access point. My DSL contract allows this.
    >>
    >>Is there any existing software that manages the collect credit-card
    >>and grant access process? Is this typically done using the MAC address
    >>of the wlan client?
    >>
    >>If software doesn't already exist I guess I'll need to write some. I
    >>assume this would be best done using Linux because the
    >>firewall/routing capabilities are robust and easy to manage. Any
    >>comments?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>John

Wireless DSL Software Wireless Networking