Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

As an admin for a City Government I would like to know if there is a way or a
program that will move/transfer/backup multiple users profile data. I have
used the Microsoft "Files and Settings transfer wizard" and this will indeed
copy the profiles of multiple users to a file or another PC on our network.
But the issue is that when the user logs in onto the new PC for the first
time, instead of the operating system picking up the users old profile data,
it instead creates a new profile for the user. I can then copy most of the
data from the old profile into the new profile but alot of items and
customazations that had been done by the user will not get copied to the new
profile. For an example our Fire Department has many users (anywhere from
10-40)using a Windows 2000 PC and I would like to upgrade that PC to Windows
XP and not have to have all of the users recreate their profiles. We have a
single domain that all PC's are connected to and we use Active Directory.

A normal upgrade from 2000 to XP will transfer user setting intact. You can also specify specific transfers during setup

How to Upgrade Your Desktops to Windows XP and Office XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/winxppro/tnt1-61.mspx
see the link for: "Migrating User Settings with the USMT: "

--
Mark L. Ferguson