Curious - Can we use channel 12-14 ?

Can we legally use channel 12-14 to avoid conflict of other APs in my
area. Does that also resolve conflict problem with the 2.4G coreless
phone as well ?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

These channels are not available in North America. 12 and 13 are used in
Europe.

On 2004-05-10, gary <pleasenospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> These channels are not available in North America. 12 and 13 are used in
> Europe.

And chan 14 only in Japan (legally)

--
..-------------------------------------------------.
Hrvoje Spoljar spole@x.pbf.hr.NOSPAM

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Nice4 wrote:
> Can we legally use channel 12-14 to avoid conflict of other APs in my
> area. Does that also resolve conflict problem with the 2.4G coreless
> phone as well ?

Definently not 14, as that is wholly outside the allowed band in the U.S.

Channel 12 is fully within the allocated part 15 band even though it isn't
listed as usable. Channel 13 may have a very small slice that is outside the
band at its upper frequency edge, so probably not; that slice of 1Mhz will
disqualify it from legal use.