Internet Explorer - Full Screen ?

July 21, 2005 11:05:01 PM

I like to use IE in the full screen mode (press F11 key). Once in that mode
it stays that way even if you close the program and then restart it.

My question is this: If I have IE open in full screen and I click on a link
that opens a second instance of IE, this second browser comes up not in full
screen mode.

Is there a way to set the registry, or some other setting, so that every
time an instance of IE opens it is full screen, and not just the first
instance? Thanks.

-Fitz
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:54:31 AM

Once each session of windows, you can set it. Open IE, go FullScreen, open a link, go FullScreen, close the second window, and now
all second windows open FullScreen.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Fitz" <Fitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18D711C0-55E0-446A-9A1D-F5A216CB26A3@microsoft.com...
>I like to use IE in the full screen mode (press F11 key). Once in that mode
> it stays that way even if you close the program and then restart it.
>
> My question is this: If I have IE open in full screen and I click on a link
> that opens a second instance of IE, this second browser comes up not in full
> screen mode.
>
> Is there a way to set the registry, or some other setting, so that every
> time an instance of IE opens it is full screen, and not just the first
> instance? Thanks.
>
> -Fitz
July 22, 2005 3:42:05 PM

Mark -

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I've tried in the past the same
thing that you suggested: opening the second IE window, forcing it to full
screen and then closing it. When the second IE opens again it returns as a
non-full screen sized window.

Not quite sure what to try next?

Thanks,

--Fitz