Acer Aspire V3-771G-6601 won't boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellumbringer

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello all,

As stated in the title, I have an Acer Aspire V3-771G that refuses to power on. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've already gone through the following, but to no avail:

1. I removed the battery and unplugged the charger from both the laptop and outlet and discharged any electricity from the notebook by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds, then re-inserted the battery and plugged the charger back in and pressed the power button.

2. I repeated this process, but held down the power button for 60 seconds, then waited about an hour before re-inserting the battery, plugging in the charger, and pressing the power button.

3. I opened the bottom panel to see if anything might've been fried. I couldn't get a full look at the main board, but the components I could see (RAM, HDD, etc.) appeared to be fine.

After attempting #2, the notebook actually booted up. Everything appeared to be normal until Windows 7 started up and I found I couldn't move the mouse cursor via the mousepad. I tried plugging in a mouse and the cursor still would not move. When I tried to restart the notebook by tapping the power button, it was then that I could move the cursor, but the computer would not actually restart. Plus, whatever shortcuts/programs I dragged the mouse over would act as if I actually clicked on them. I couldn't access the task manager via ctrl+alt+del either. Additionally, when I tried to put the notebook to sleep by closing it, it would sleep for 2-3 seconds and just power back on. After that, I just pressed and held the power button and powered it down. I haven't been able to boot it back up since.

I think it might actually be a virus, but I can't be sure (I installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 on it several months ago). It's actually my girlfriend's laptop and her kids were the last ones to mess with it before things went awry. As far as she can tell me, it was working just fine until this past Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, there's important stuff on the HDD that wasn't backed up, so I would like to avoid a system wipe if possible. Again, any help is appreciated.

Solution
Update: I'm going to send the notebook back to Acer for repair/replacement. For those of you who are curious about this issue, I'll post any information about what the problem might be if Acer gives me the details.

bellumbringer

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Update: I'm going to send the notebook back to Acer for repair/replacement. For those of you who are curious about this issue, I'll post any information about what the problem might be if Acer gives me the details.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS