No Sound on my XP Home

Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
Trying to update driver, Windows canot find the file ALSNDMGR
3 answers Last reply
More about sound home

    You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
    DriverGuide.com at:
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=59576&from_ums=1

    I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
    files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for you.

    The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free) with
    DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
    user: driver2
    password: all

    --
    Michael

    Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try downloading
    an evaluation copy of WinZip at
    http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

    "Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
    > Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR

    Realtek AC 97 ALC650 Audio CODECs Driver v A3.69 for Win 98/ME/XP/2000 -
    TechSupport
    http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/4342
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
    > DriverGuide.com at:
    > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=59576&from_ums=1
    >
    > I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
    > files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for you.
    >
    > The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free) with
    > DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
    > user: driver2
    > password: all
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >
    > Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try downloading
    > an evaluation copy of WinZip at
    > http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
    >

    > "Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
    > > Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR

    The AC97 drivers are on the xp update page.
    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Realtek AC 97 ALC650 Audio CODECs Driver v A3.69 for Win 98/ME/XP/2000 -
    > TechSupport
    > http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/4342
    > --
    > Some days you're the windshield,
    > some days you're the bug.
    >

    > "Michael T" wrote:
    >
    >> You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
    >> DriverGuide.com at:
    >> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=59576&from_ums=1
    >>
    >> I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
    >> files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for
    >> you.
    >>
    >> The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free)
    >> with
    >> DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
    >> user: driver2
    >> password: all
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael
    >>
    >> Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try
    >> downloading
    >> an evaluation copy of WinZip at
    >> http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
    >>

    >> "Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
    >> > Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR

Support Microsoft Windows XP