Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No Sound on my XP Home

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:48:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
Trying to update driver, Windows canot find the file ALSNDMGR

More about : sound home

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:48:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
DriverGuide.com at:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action...

I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for you.

The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free) with
DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
user: driver2
password: all

--
Michael

Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try downloading
an evaluation copy of WinZip at
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm



"Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:%238%23qyAnjFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
> Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR
>
July 22, 2005 12:25:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Realtek AC 97 ALC650 Audio CODECs Driver v A3.69 for Win 98/ME/XP/2000 -
TechSupport
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/...
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.


"Michael T" wrote:

> You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
> DriverGuide.com at:
> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action...
>
> I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
> files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for you.
>
> The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free) with
> DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
> user: driver2
> password: all
>
> --
> Michael
>
> Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try downloading
> an evaluation copy of WinZip at
> http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
>
>
>
> "Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:%238%23qyAnjFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
> > Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR
> >
>
>
>
July 22, 2005 10:36:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The AC97 drivers are on the xp update page.
"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:56392B26-9F2B-4A29-97DD-13FDF2858BFB@microsoft.com...
> Realtek AC 97 ALC650 Audio CODECs Driver v A3.69 for Win 98/ME/XP/2000 -
> TechSupport
> http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/...
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>
>
> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> You might try downloading the zip file for the C-Media AC97 adapter from
>> DriverGuide.com at:
>> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action...
>>
>> I noticed that the self-extracting zip file (hp_intel_ac97.exe) contains
>> files named ALSndMgr.cpl and alsndmgr.wav. So perhaps it will work for
>> you.
>>
>> The download will require that you enable cookies and register (free)
>> with
>> DriverGuide. But you may be able to bypass the registration by using:
>> user: driver2
>> password: all
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>>
>> Note: If you cannot run the self-extracting zip file, then try
>> downloading
>> an evaluation copy of WinZip at
>> http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
>>
>>
>>
>> "Sidney Povey" <ar.phova@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:%238%23qyAnjFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> > Can anyone help? C-Media AC97 adapter reports .Cannot start-Code 10.
>> > Trying to update driver, Windows cannot find the file ALSNDMGR
>> >
>>
>>
>>
!