eprom programmer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

one more thing;
I am thinking of buying a eprom programmer and burning my own roms. I
was skimming through a Jameco catalog, but before I go buying one with
bells and whistles, I thought maybe to ask for opinions and
recommendations.
the prices go from 200 to thousands, I am not sure what I need. I just
want one for my own personal use. I have so many bad boards I have been
tinkering with. mostly classic eighties, (asteroids, battlezone,
football etc...)
anyone have any advice on what to buy? thanx in advance.

I bought mine a few years ago from willem.org. Cost about $85 US and
does a bunch of chips. Worked great for the many many chip's I've
programmed. Heck of a lot cheaper then anything else out there with
tons of very very good support. tell them I sent you, maybe I'll get an
e-mail saying thanks ha ha..

wildatom

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Wildatom" <wildatom@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1116595916.855311.27520
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I bought mine a few years ago from willem.org. Cost about $85 US and
> does a bunch of chips. Worked great for the many many chip's I've
> programmed. Heck of a lot cheaper then anything else out there with
> tons of very very good support. tell them I sent you, maybe I'll get an
> e-mail saying thanks ha ha..
>
> wildatom

I have an EMP20. Picked it up second hand. Works great.

-Tom

Well I have a Leaper LP10

Supports lots of different devices and beside programming eproms prom pals
anf gals

can also check lots of ttl 74 and cmos 4000 and also ram

which can be helpful.

I brought mine 2nd hand a few years back of e-bay for about £150 if i
remember. but have been very please with it

Regards

Daz

"punchdaddy" <richie@punchrecords.net> wrote in message
> one more thing;
> I am thinking of buying a eprom programmer and burning my own roms. I
> was skimming through a Jameco catalog, but before I go buying one with
> bells and whistles, I thought maybe to ask for opinions and
> recommendations.
> the prices go from 200 to thousands, I am not sure what I need. I just
> want one for my own personal use. I have so many bad boards I have been
> tinkering with. mostly classic eighties, (asteroids, battlezone,
> football etc...)
> anyone have any advice on what to buy? thanx in advance.

Goggle this subject, since there has been a lot of discussion
on it in the past. I use a Pocket Programmer II and like it.

Scott C.

punchdaddy wrote:
> one more thing;
> I am thinking of buying a eprom programmer and burning my own roms. I
> was skimming through a Jameco catalog, but before I go buying one with
> bells and whistles, I thought maybe to ask for opinions and
> recommendations.
> the prices go from 200 to thousands, I am not sure what I need. I just
> want one for my own personal use. I have so many bad boards I have been
> tinkering with. mostly classic eighties, (asteroids, battlezone,
> football etc...)
> anyone have any advice on what to buy? thanx in advance.

I use a combination of a Data I/O model 29B with Unipak II for the old stuff
(bipolar proms, 2708/2532s, etc.) and a willem for the newest stuff. Very
happy with boith. You can get a data i/o setup used fairly inexpensively
(around $100) and the willem I got for $60.

Best Regards,

Bill