Attached file change

July 22, 2005 1:10:50 PM

Now two times I have received an attached file which was (as far as I know)
sent as a PDF file but I received a file with a "DAT" extension.

Could any one explain the above to me

I use Win XP Prop. and Outlook express

Thank you in advance

More about : attached file change

July 22, 2005 2:24:45 PM

"Frank" <frank_sa59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Now two times I have received an attached file which was (as far as I
know)
> sent as a PDF file but I received a file with a "DAT" extension.
>
> Could any one explain the above to me
>
> I use Win XP Prop. and Outlook express
>
> Thank you in advance

In all probability you have been sent the file by someone who is using
Outlook with the default mail format - Rich Text Format. Get them to change
their Mail format to either plain text or HTML and see if that helps.

HTH
July 23, 2005 4:00:40 AM

Thanks

!