XP Boot disk/drive problems! Help!

July 22, 2005 3:27:37 PM

Al Romanosky Wrote:
> Post is confusing concerning references to a XP boot disk - you can have
> XP
> boot disk (floppy) - are you really referring to the XP CD? You may
> be
> omitting important facts. Regarding "Caldera(Dr.Dos)" - primary user
> of
> this version DOS is Partition Magic and is provided to run Partition
> Magic
> from DOS when Windows will not boot. There are usually two floppies -
> one
> with Caldera DOS and another with the DOS version of Partition Magic.
> Also
> you state you have no floppy drive but Caldera DOS is booting to the
> "A"
> drive - indicating it found an "A" drive??
> Do you have a Partition Magic CD and using it rather than your XP CD?
> When
> you were having problems "a.go system file"
> did you or someone else used a HD utility?

> AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N.
> Ft.
> Myers, FL

It is impossible for my pc to find an A drive as there's not one
connected to my pc in any shape or fashion, AT ALL! When I speak of my
XP boot disk I am refering to my retail CD-ROM Disk (as in CD). I do
not have any of the two floppies that you speak of.

--
ninty_04
Anonymous

At the end of my post I asked "did you or someone else use a HD utility?"
In your next to last post you wrote "... I
let a friend of mine configure my hard drive setup for me." Refer to my
previous comments about Partition Magic - exactly how did your friend
configure your hard drive? e.g. Did he use Partition Magic? In configuring
the HD, did all "steps" initiate and/or complete successfully?