Freeware Clone of Defender??

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello All.

I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."

Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
if so, where I can download it from.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
3 answers Last reply
More about freeware clone defender
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Chima Nwosu wrote:

    > Hello All.
    >
    > I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
    > of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
    > Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."
    >
    > Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
    > if so, where I can download it from.

    Get MAME
    Over 4000 classic arcade games - free.

    You can download the binary executable (depending on the type of setup
    you want - I'd recommend MAME32 for XP) but for the Roms, you'll need a
    burner. The last figures I saw in the newgroup was that a full set
    /without/ the largest CHD games, was just over 9gig.

    http://www.lazarus.org.uk/ - for burners
    http://www.mame.net/ - the project
    http://www.mameworld.net/ - lots of info
    http://www.mame.net/gamelist.html - all supported games

    Newsgroup:
    alt.games.mame

    P.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Hello

    Here some Defender clones (for winXP too):

    AA Defense
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f880.html

    Command Raid
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f590.html

    Dragon Fire
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f899.html

    Fireworks 2
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f420.html

    Guardian
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f875.html

    Missile Defense
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f319.html

    Starship Troopers 2
    http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f898.html

    Cheers,
    Rudy
    Free Games Caiman http://www.caiman.us

    Chima Nwosu wrote:

    > Hello All.
    >
    > I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
    > of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
    > Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."
    >
    > Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
    > if so, where I can download it from.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy:

    > Here some Defender clones (for winXP too):
    >
    > AA Defense
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f880.html
    >
    > Command Raid
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f590.html
    >
    > Dragon Fire
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f899.html
    >
    > Fireworks 2
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f420.html
    >
    > Guardian
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f875.html
    >
    > Missile Defense
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f319.html
    >
    > Starship Troopers 2
    > http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f898.html

    Sorry to rain on your parade, as it were, but Defender was a
    side-scrolling shooter. The games you have pointed out are all Missile
    Command clones.

Freeware Games Defender Video Games