Freeware Clone of Defender??

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello All.

I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."

Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
if so, where I can download it from.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Chima Nwosu wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
> of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
> Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."
>
> Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
> if so, where I can download it from.

Get MAME
Over 4000 classic arcade games - free.

You can download the binary executable (depending on the type of setup
you want - I'd recommend MAME32 for XP) but for the Roms, you'll need a
burner. The last figures I saw in the newgroup was that a full set
/without/ the largest CHD games, was just over 9gig.

http://www.lazarus.org.uk/ - for burners
http://www.mame.net/ - the project
http://www.mameworld.net/ - lots of info
http://www.mame.net/gamelist.html - all supported games

Newsgroup:
alt.games.mame

P.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello

Here some Defender clones (for winXP too):

AA Defense
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f880.html

Command Raid
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f590.html

Dragon Fire
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f899.html

Fireworks 2
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f420.html

Guardian
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f875.html

Missile Defense
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f319.html

Starship Troopers 2
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f898.html

Cheers,
Rudy
Free Games Caiman http://www.caiman.us

Chima Nwosu wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I've spent several months scouring the internet for a freeware version
> of the arcade classic Defender. The only one I found doesn't work on
> Windows Xp(I get the error message,"Dsp function not supported."
>
> Does anyone know if another freeware version of this game was made, and
> if so, where I can download it from.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Rudy:

> Here some Defender clones (for winXP too):
>
> AA Defense
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f880.html
>
> Command Raid
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f590.html
>
> Dragon Fire
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f899.html
>
> Fireworks 2
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f420.html
>
> Guardian
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f875.html
>
> Missile Defense
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f319.html
>
> Starship Troopers 2
> http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f898.html

Sorry to rain on your parade, as it were, but Defender was a
side-scrolling shooter. The games you have pointed out are all Missile
Command clones.