absolute novice here. Racking my brain as to what I should get. I've been looking into convertible PC's but anything that is rating well is over my budget. Interested in your opinions on what I should get based on the below info.
1. What is your budget?
Up to and no more than $1000AUD
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
needs to be portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
minimum 6 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mostly microsoft office...I'm doing Phd.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least a couple of years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I prefer as light in weight as possible. I have a very good desktop at home so this is mostly about being mobile with work and PhD stuff for data entry and typing