add comment to protected excel worksheet

I am trying to add comments to cells when the sheet is protected. Protection
allows me to change values of selected cells, but it takes away the comment
button abilities. Can anyone help?

"tecroneyaa" <tecroneyaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to add comments to cells when the sheet is protected.
>Protection
> allows me to change values of selected cells, but it takes away the
> comment
> button abilities. Can anyone help?

Try a relevant newsgroup for your application, this one is for the operating
system Windows XP