Unable to log you on because of an account restriction

I have an old computer that has Win XP installed. it has been unplugged and
not in service for months. I then remember why I went and bought a new one.
when powering up I get an error "Unable to log you on because of an account
restriction"
when I click okay it just sits there. with the windows XP logo. When I start
up in safe mode it will just sit there with the windows logo until I hit Ctrl
Alt Del and then it comes up with the "your running in safe mode" warning. I
click okay and nothing
else happens but safe mode in all four corners. no task bar no desktop icons
I click Ctrl Alt Del and get the task manager but thats all I get... Can I
get some help on this? I sure appreciate your time on this... I have read
some thing about this warning but, I did not or have I ever messed with
remote access. Please Please Help

Thanks

funny thing.
Did you try to start a new task 'explorer.exe' in task manager? Perhaps, if
the basic network services start, you are able to save your files or whatever
you need with an X type (network or parallel or serial) cable to your new PC.
Found a link about account management that may help you:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q303846

Helge.

"Bill Conkel" wrote:

> I have an old computer that has Win XP installed. it has been unplugged and
> not in service for months. I then remember why I went and bought a new one.
> when powering up I get an error "Unable to log you on because of an account
> restriction"
> when I click okay it just sits there. with the windows XP logo. When I start
> up in safe mode it will just sit there with the windows logo until I hit Ctrl
> Alt Del and then it comes up with the "your running in safe mode" warning. I
> click okay and nothing
> else happens but safe mode in all four corners. no task bar no desktop icons
> I click Ctrl Alt Del and get the task manager but thats all I get... Can I
> get some help on this? I sure appreciate your time on this... I have read
> some thing about this warning but, I did not or have I ever messed with
> remote access. Please Please Help
>
> Thanks

I will try to start the new task. I didn't think of that. I get so caught up
in the hassle that my brin doesn't function like it should. I am trying to
get this PC running for my daughter (High schooler next year) so I need to
get it running instead of transfering. But, your suggestion just might get me
in to find out what's going on...

Thank You much Friend

"Helge" wrote:

> funny thing.
> Did you try to start a new task 'explorer.exe' in task manager? Perhaps, if
> the basic network services start, you are able to save your files or whatever
> you need with an X type (network or parallel or serial) cable to your new PC.
> Found a link about account management that may help you:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q303846
>
> Helge.
>
> "Bill Conkel" wrote:
>
> > I have an old computer that has Win XP installed. it has been unplugged and
> > not in service for months. I then remember why I went and bought a new one.
> > when powering up I get an error "Unable to log you on because of an account
> > restriction"
> > when I click okay it just sits there. with the windows XP logo. When I start
> > up in safe mode it will just sit there with the windows logo until I hit Ctrl
> > Alt Del and then it comes up with the "your running in safe mode" warning. I
> > click okay and nothing
> > else happens but safe mode in all four corners. no task bar no desktop icons
> > I click Ctrl Alt Del and get the task manager but thats all I get... Can I
> > get some help on this? I sure appreciate your time on this... I have read
> > some thing about this warning but, I did not or have I ever messed with
> > remote access. Please Please Help
> >
> > Thanks

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I have an old computer that has Win XP installed. it has been
> unplugged and
> not in service for months. I then remember why I went and
> bought a new one.
> when powering up I get an error "Unable to log you on because
> of an account
> restriction"
> when I click okay it just sits there. with the windows XP
> logo. When I start
> up in safe mode it will just sit there with the windows logo
> until I hit Ctrl
> Alt Del and then it comes up with the "your running in safe
> mode" warning. I
> click okay and nothing
> else happens but safe mode in all four corners. no task bar no
> desktop icons
> I click Ctrl Alt Del and get the task manager but thats all I
> get... Can I
> get some help on this? I sure appreciate your time on this...
> I have read
> some thing about this warning but, I did not or have I ever
> messed with
> remote access. Please Please Help
>
> Thanks

If it’s been sitting "there" (where ever there is, be it here, there
or if infact any where) why not just clean install XP?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Unable-log-account-restriction-ftopict399305.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318777