Apple AirPort Extreme signal weak

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Hello,
I've got an AirPort Extreme base station in my home, on the second floor near
the corner of the house. The signal cannot be picked up on my PowerBook in my
office downstairs across the house (as the arrow flies, about 40-45 feet,
through 4 walls, as well as the floor).

Would it be best to use a patch panel antenna to increase penetration?
(Omnidirectional coverage isn't *real* important). Or should I just replace
the AirPort with a 200mW unit? (Obviously, if I can accomplish my goal for
$32 rather than $150, I'd prefer it...)

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,
--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

antonio

DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> AirPort with a 200mW

Who sells Airport with 200 mw? i think only Senao had such units and
even they will not alwyas be able to penetrate.

if floors/ceilings are your problem then homeplug is the sole, but
expensive, solution.

--
Groeten,

Antonio (Voor email, verwijder X)

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:39:15 -0700, AnToNio wrote
(in article <1gdmaei.1k3wa2l1xl9jk0N%antoniongXXX@zonnet.nl>):

> DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> AirPort with a 200mW

> Who sells Airport with 200 mw? i think only Senao had such units and
> even they will not alwyas be able to penetrate.

An error in language has occurred.

I should have said "replace the AirPort with another brand of AP that has
200mW output."

Yes, I've seen the Senao, and it is at the top of the list for a solution to
the problem.
--

DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> I've seen the Senao, and it is at the top of the list for a solution to
> the problem.

Right but iit is outranked by homeplug if the problem is not distance
but solely walls and floors.