I converted analog tape cassettes to digital. Saved it as MP3 file. I burned
the file to a cd. I can only listen to it on the computer and not on my MP#
player. What could be the problem.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

MP3 files will only play on your pc. To get them to play on other devices,
the disk must be burned as a music CD.

"judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I converted analog tape cassettes to digital. Saved it as MP3 file. I
>burned
> the file to a cd. I can only listen to it on the computer and not on my
> MP#
> player. What could be the problem.

"judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I converted analog tape cassettes to digital. Saved it as MP3 file. I
>burned
> the file to a cd. I can only listen to it on the computer and not on my
> MP#
> player. What could be the problem.

There's not enough info here to help- you haven't even said what device you
are trying to play the mp3's on- if you want to try and get help you really
need to give some information.

What is your MP# player? What formats does it support? Is it a CD unit? What
format have you saved the mp3's- there are lots of bitrates and 2 bitrate
types. What bitrates and bitrate types does your player support? (One
possibility- but it is a guess because you haven't given any real info- is
that you may have recorded in a bitrate that isn't supported by your player-
possibly it doesn't support VBR and you've recorded using VBR).

In addition this is a support group for Windows XP, not for mp3's- you may
be better going somewhere relevant to your problem- but they will still
*need* some details to be able to help.