"Unable to log you on because of an account

July 22, 2005 11:04:58 PM

:mad:  I have an old computer that has Win XP installed. it has been
unplugged and
not in service for months. I then remember why I went and bought a new
one.
when powering up I get an error "Unable to log you on because of an
account
restriction"
when I click okay it just sits there. with the windows XP logo. When I
start
up in safe mode it will just sit there with the windows logo until I
hit Ctrl
Alt Del and then it comes up with the "your running in safe mode"
warning. I
click okay and nothing
else happens but safe mode in all four corners. no task bar no desktop
icons
I click Ctrl Alt Del and get the task manager but thats all I get...
Can I
get some help on this? I sure appreciate your time on this... I have
read
some thing about this warning but, I did not or have I ever messed with

remote access. Please Please Help

Thanks

--
Bill Conkel

More about : unable log account

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:18:11 PM

One of the safe mode menu options is a bootlog. The last entry there might tell you what driver or system file is failing.

Boot to setup CD, and Recovery Console (press 'r' at the first screen). From the recovery prompt:

MORE ./system32/ntbtlog.txt

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!