XP Pro logon problem

Dell laptop running XP Pro came with employee from previous employer but has
the same data as on teh other computer. So it's basicly a back up. I was
told to get the laptop on the office network but when I changed the laptop
network ID from the original domain (out of state) to the new workgroup. I
booted it up and got the log on screen. As there is no password needed to
get on the network, I hit OK and was told the password was incorrect.
Entered password for previous domain- same result. Entered Administrator as
user name- same thing. All said incorrect password. Evern tried booting in
Safe Mode and got the same message of incorrect password.

Any idea on how to get the laptop onto the workgroup?

Erase the system, and run setup.

--
Mark L. Ferguson