internet gaming through a router

dishevel

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
I have 4 computers in the house connected to a netgear RT314
internet gateway router. Works great and set up simply. I connect to the internet via a cable modem. The only problem I have is that my multiplayer internet games wont hook up. cant see my computer due to the NAT in the router.
Any suggestions would be loved.

:eek: <font color=blue>Losers are for entertainment pourposes </font color=blue><font color=red>ONLY!</font color=red> :eek:

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Either have someone else host it and connect to them or set your host computer as the DMZ host on the router.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

dishevel

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
Cool but actually I am talking about games like star fleet command and such. When I try to hook up to one of the big servers I wont connect. Thou at least I can still play nettrek.

:eek: <font color=blue>Losers are for entertainment pourposes </font color=blue><font color=red>ONLY!</font color=red> :eek:

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Oh hmm, would have to find out what ports the game uses and forward those to your machine. Or place it in the DMZ.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>