Your question

Keyboard Slow to Respond

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 12:34:17 PM

Hello,
My computer is an recently new HP, windows 7 op system. At first ist was pretty fast, now it is very slow, most bothersome is the keyboard is very slow and cannot keep up. It appears as if the computer has many programs running in the system tray. I checked, this is not the case, and I even reduced the number of start up programs, both did not help.
I did check some other forums and there seems to be finger pointing to Windoes 7. Does anyone else have this problem?

More about : keyboard slow respond

a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 3:55:09 PM

I had some problems with my remote usb keyboard conflicting with my remote usb mouse. I solved by uninstalling all the keyboard, mouse and HID devices in device manager and moving the mouse to the PS2 port. I also disable USB 3 (not sure if it was part of the problem but i wasn't using anyway)

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 4:25:35 PM

Have you tried Control panel / keyboard and adjusted the repeat rate?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 4:31:50 PM

If you are using a deskptop try using the keyboard with a different computer and see if it reacts the same. If it does, you'll know that it is a keyboard issue rather than an OS issue.

Let us know what happens.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
a b α HP
a c 352 $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 4:50:53 PM

Sounds like your issue is not the keyboard but the whole system correct? If you try to open a program, does it take a very long time?

You need to make sure you have an anti-virus program running, and do a scan of your system, and do the same for spyware.
m
l
!