setup and wowexec not working

I am having trouble loading programs onto my computer. I realized this when
I tried to load a version of FormFlow. When I click on the setup.exe button,
nothing happens. However, in the Task Manager under Processes, it shows
wowexec.exe and setup.exe not doing anything. I am running XP Pro with
service pack 2. Please help me with some ideas on how to fix this problem.

~Jacob
2 answers Last reply
More about setup wowexec working

    wowexec = 'windows on windows execute'

    It's an 'old app' from windows 3.1

    HOW TO Use the Program Compatibility Wizard (Q301911) Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=301911

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:899F55A5-36CC-4567-AB05-2BBFA89EB6D4@microsoft.com...
    >I am having trouble loading programs onto my computer. I realized this when
    > I tried to load a version of FormFlow. When I click on the setup.exe button,
    > nothing happens. However, in the Task Manager under Processes, it shows
    > wowexec.exe and setup.exe not doing anything. I am running XP Pro with
    > service pack 2. Please help me with some ideas on how to fix this problem.
    >
    > ~Jacob
  2. If you have installed Nero Essentials 7, Nero Scout can cause this kind of error, when you cannot run a lot of older application setups. To fix this, go to msconfig, startup, and disable the NMBgMonitor program and reboot.

    This also helps get rid of the wms idle error when you are shutting down the computer.

    Hope this helps.

Windows XP