sound problem

i recently had to reinstall xp..now i have no sound..when i try to
play a sound i get the following message
%systemroot%mediawindows xp error.wav

can anyone help me get my sound back????
thanks
hatman

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-sound-problem-ftopict399454.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319428
1 answer Last reply
More about sound problem

    Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307918&Product=winxp

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "hatman" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1319428_8151b9f05d00e6239f16a9557c8ffb72@windowsforumz.com...
    >i recently had to reinstall xp..now i have no sound..when i try to
    > play a sound i get the following message
    > %systemroot%mediawindows xp error.wav
    >
    > can anyone help me get my sound back????
    > thanks
    > hatman

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-sound-problem-ftopict399454.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319428