Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How quickly do I have to install my 64-bit XP upgrade?

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 23, 2005 3:25:02 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my 32-bit xp to 64-bit through the Technology
Advancement Program, but a couple of my devices don't have 64-bit drivers
available for them yet.

Anyone know if under the terms of the upgrade I can request my upgrade now
and get the CD, and then wait a couple of months before I install it? Or
would this be a breach of the licence?

Thanks for any help.

More about : quickly install bit upgrade

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:45:08 AM

Win XP 64-bit questions should be posted to a Win XP 64-bit newsgroup.

steve

"MuppetBoy" <MuppetBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of upgrading my 32-bit xp to 64-bit through the Technology
> Advancement Program, but a couple of my devices don't have 64-bit drivers
> available for them yet.
>
> Anyone know if under the terms of the upgrade I can request my upgrade now
> and get the CD, and then wait a couple of months before I install it? Or
> would this be a breach of the licence?
>
> Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:57:54 PM

FAQ about the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Technology Advancement
Program
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/faq.ms...

Exchange Windows XP Professional (32-bit) for Windows XP Professional x64
Edition for a limited time
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/defaul...

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition Technology Advancement
Program
https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/default.as...

Microsoft® Windows® x64 Edition Technology Advancement Program
https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/faqs.aspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes