How quickly do I have to install my 64-bit XP upgrade?

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my 32-bit xp to 64-bit through the Technology
Advancement Program, but a couple of my devices don't have 64-bit drivers
available for them yet.

Anyone know if under the terms of the upgrade I can request my upgrade now
and get the CD, and then wait a couple of months before I install it? Or
would this be a breach of the licence?

Thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about quickly install upgrade

    Win XP 64-bit questions should be posted to a Win XP 64-bit newsgroup.

    steve

    "MuppetBoy" <MuppetBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of upgrading my 32-bit xp to 64-bit through the Technology
    > Advancement Program, but a couple of my devices don't have 64-bit drivers
    > available for them yet.
    >
    > Anyone know if under the terms of the upgrade I can request my upgrade now
    > and get the CD, and then wait a couple of months before I install it? Or
    > would this be a breach of the licence?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    FAQ about the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Technology Advancement
    Program
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/faq.mspx

    Exchange Windows XP Professional (32-bit) for Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition for a limited time
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/default.mspx

    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition Technology Advancement
    Program
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

    Microsoft® Windows® x64 Edition Technology Advancement Program
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/faqs.aspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:96CDF48D-E303-40DA-A957-7A447D1619DB@microsoft.com,
    MuppetBoy <MuppetBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of upgrading my 32-bit xp to 64-bit through the Technology
    > Advancement Program, but a couple of my devices don't have 64-bit drivers
    > available for them yet.
    >
    > Anyone know if under the terms of the upgrade I can request my upgrade now
    > and get the CD, and then wait a couple of months before I install it? Or
    > would this be a breach of the licence?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

Microsoft Windows XP