Keypad Lockout? Not * Menu one..... Help Please?

I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to lockout
the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what is
on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.

TIA
Paul S
6 answers Last reply
More about keypad lockout menu please
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    kritical wrote:

    > I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to lockout
    > the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what is
    > on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.

    "No numbers can not be dialed out..."

    I assume you mean "No numbers CAN be dialed out..."

    Default security codes are typically the last 4 digits of the phone number.

    If not, call the dealer.

    Larry
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <40A41CE3.68CE0A7D@spamcop.net>, lglasser@spamcop.net says...
    > kritical wrote:
    > >
    > > I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to lockout
    > > the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what is
    > > on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.
    >
    > "No numbers can be dialed out..."
    >
    > I assume you mean "No numbers CAN be dialed out..."
    >
    > Default security codes are typically the last 4 digits of the phone number.
    >
    > If not, call the dealer.
    >
    > Larry

    The only way to unlock it would be to hook it up to a pc and use the
    program again to unlock the keypad. That is why I am trying to find the
    program. This is not on my personal nextel it is a work phone. I
    called the nextel rep and they said it was a program nextel gives them
    but would not tell me the name of it.

    TIA
    Paul
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    kritical wrote:

    > In article <40A41CE3.68CE0A7D@spamcop.net>, lglasser@spamcop.net says...
    > > kritical wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to lockout
    > > > the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what is
    > > > on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.
    > >
    > > "No numbers can be dialed out..."
    > >
    > > I assume you mean "No numbers CAN be dialed out..."
    > >
    > > Default security codes are typically the last 4 digits of the phone number.
    > >
    > > If not, call the dealer.
    > >
    > > Larry
    > >

    > The only way to unlock it would be to hook it up to a pc and use the
    > program again to unlock the keypad. That is why I am trying to find the
    > program. This is not on my personal nextel it is a work phone. I
    > called the nextel rep and they said it was a program nextel gives them
    > but would not tell me the name of it.

    Your story's beginning to sound a little fishy.

    If it's a work phone, why don't you ask the person at work who's
    responsible for the distribution/maintenance of phones?

    Larry
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > kritical wrote:

    > > > "No numbers can be dialed out..."
    > > >
    > > > I assume you mean "No numbers CAN be dialed out..."
    > > >
    > > > Default security codes are typically the last 4 digits of the phone
    number.

    > > > If not, call the dealer.
    > > >
    > > > Larry
    > > >

    > > The only way to unlock it would be to hook it up to a pc and use the
    > > program again to unlock the keypad. That is why I am trying to find the
    > > program. This is not on my personal nextel it is a work phone. I
    > > called the nextel rep and they said it was a program nextel gives them
    > > but would not tell me the name of it.
    >
    > Your story's beginning to sound a little fishy.
    >
    > If it's a work phone, why don't you ask the person at work who's
    > responsible for the distribution/maintenance of phones?

    Interesting- I missed the 'work phone' aspect of this thread. The answer
    appears to be obvious- the phone is issued for business purposes, and the
    numbers in the phonebook are the numbers determined by the business to be
    'authorized' calls. These were programmed into the phone, and then the
    phone was locked down. If this is the case, I have to applaud them for a
    pretty creative way to keep costs down. And if I'm right, I'd be careful
    about unlocking the phone and calling other numbers- if they went to the
    trouble to lock them down with a limited phonebook, they may also take the
    time to look over the bills to spot numbers out of the ordinary.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    kritical wrote:
    > *I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to
    > lockout
    > the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what
    > is
    > on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.
    >
    > TIA
    > Paul S *

    that's the problem with a work phone...they don't want you to make a
    big phone bill for them. NRS won't unlock the phone for you either
    because you can't access the account that your company uses. why would
    you want the phone unlocked except to fraud your company and then have
    your company be mad at nextel and then nextel make their software
    harder to come by?

    --
    rdmiller
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121683.html

    RSS Super Agent is what you need and it can be found at www.ideninsider.com
    or www.howardforums.com

    "rdmiller" <rdmiller.16c5s2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > kritical wrote:
    > > *I am trying to figure out what program the nextel dealer used to
    > > lockout
    > > the keypad on an i530. No numbers can not be dialed out besides what
    > > is
    > > on the phonebook and no new numbers can be added to the phonebook.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Paul S *
    >
    > that's the problem with a work phone...they don't want you to make a
    > big phone bill for them. NRS won't unlock the phone for you either
    > because you can't access the account that your company uses. why would
    > you want the phone unlocked except to fraud your company and then have
    > your company be mad at nextel and then nextel make their software
    > harder to come by?
    >

    > --
    > rdmiller
    > http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: