System Standby

In Windows XP, I have set the system standby in the following
settings...Monitor off. 3 numutes. Hard disk off...never. System
Standby...5 minutes. I have used the same settings since XP came out
with no problem. Recently when going into standby the computer shuts
down completely and has to be restarted. This is time consuming and
tells me that something is wrong, but I cannot find what it is. Any
help will be appreciated.

Jack
1 answer Last reply
More about system standby

    There are four settings under the Power button, and as recommended
    by PCWorld magazine, should be as follows, unless you want to customize it:
    1 hour
    Never
    Never (customize to standby)
    Never (customize to Hibernate)
    --
    Some days you''re the windshield.
    Some days you''re the bug.

    "jw9" wrote:

    > In Windows XP, I have set the system standby in the following
    > settings...Monitor off. 3 numutes. Hard disk off...never. System
    > Standby...5 minutes. I have used the same settings since XP came out
    > with no problem. Recently when going into standby the computer shuts
    > down completely and has to be restarted. This is time consuming and
    > tells me that something is wrong, but I cannot find what it is. Any
    > help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Jack

Windows XP