spencer

I really need help with something.
When using applications such as Microsoft Word – instead of going to INSERT
> PICTURE > AUTOSHAPES each time that you want to use it, you could have an
AUTOSHAPE button on the toolbar. Is there a keyboard shortcut to add this
button to the toolbar? I know how to add an item to the toolbar, but I
specifically would like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut available to
do this.

Many thanks

You could have asked Word's Help. Try typing Add Key.

Hotkeys for Word (all versions)

To add a command to a menu
Alt + Ctrl + = then activate the command by keyboard or toolbar. Word will determine which menu the command will appear on.

To remove a command from a menu
Alt + Ctrl + - then click the command to be removed.

Hotkeys for Word (Word 2 or later)

To remove a command from a toolbar
Alt + Drag to the general screen to delete button.

To move a toolbar button
Alt + Drag the button to a toolbar

To copy a toolbar button to another toolbar
Alt + Ctrl + Drag to another toolbar

To add space (separator) before a toolbar button
Alt + Drag a little to the right.

To add a command to a key
Alt + Ctrl + Grey Plus then select command by keyboard, menu or toolbar. A prompt will then ask what key the command is to be assigned to.

Hotkeys for Word (Word 6 or later)
Show why a command is unavailable or what a command does or what formatting is applied to text
Shift + F1 then click text, command, or press key

"Spencer" <Spencer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:528CFAC3-9AE1-41AD-A78C-243037F2700A@microsoft.com...
>I really need help with something.
> When using applications such as Microsoft Word – instead of going to INSERT
>> PICTURE > AUTOSHAPES each time that you want to use it, you could have an
> AUTOSHAPE button on the toolbar. Is there a keyboard shortcut to add this
> button to the toolbar? I know how to add an item to the toolbar, but I
> specifically would like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut available to
> do this.
>
> Many thanks

spencer

Thanks David. These shortcuts are used for Word. Would there be a shortcut
key that will work on any Windows application (not only word)
I know (for example) ALT - PRINT SCREEN works on any application. Is there a
keyboard combination that would drop an item onto a toolbar?