Geforce 3 review: message to TOM

G

Okay, so the review of the GF3 is couple of weeks overdue.. fine, but at least I would have expected an in-depth review then. Am I the only one that is missing:
- CPU scalability ...
Please please please give us more info on how well these cards perform on different CPU's. We dont all have 1.33 Ghz Atlhons, and I think many of us wonder if it pays to have a GF3 on a <1 Ghz machine
- CPU scalability
- CPU scalability
Did I mention CPU scalability yet ?

Oh, and why not compare with some lower-end cards as well ? Many of us dont upgrade with every product cycle, and are now holding on to their GF1 cards, and might want have an idea of what difference a GF3 makes when compared to a GF1, GF MX, or even something like a Voodoo3/5 card.

G

maybe comparing it with today games with a kyro 2 ...
LOL
maybe that would damage the geforce 3 !
I think that tom don't want that...
---------$$$$$$$------------

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
LoL that was funny

you reminded me of all those V5 suporters still around, and they always complain "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE THE V5 IN THE GEFORCE2 ULTRA BENCHMARK? COME ON, ARE YOU AFRAID?" LOL

From now on when someone asks you how fast your computer is, tell them your benchmark scores.

G

he atacked kyro 2 !
don't you think that he must present some proves ???

a person to be politicaly correct must offer prove when he is acusing somebody/something.

I was joking I am sure that tom is not for sell !!!
but at least he should be on the good side of ethics<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/22/01 10:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

powervr2,
Making a passing comment about something is completely different than, say, writing up a whole review, recommendations and all, without any benchmarks. I think you are trying to turn this into an ethical debate just because his statement didn't support your favorite technology.

As for Tom's knowledge of the situation, it is more than enough to make that recommendation, even if he hasn't benchmarked the Kyro II (though he probably has and just hasn't published it yet.) His remark was only concerning T&L, which on the Kyro II or any other "non-T&L" card, is done by the CPU. If he knows how well CPUs do T&L then he knows how well the Kryo II does it. All he would have to do is benchmark the GeForce and Radeon cards along with Voodoo and Matrox cards... Oh wait! He's done that already! Guess he knows what he's talking about after all.

Regards,
Warden

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
He attacked ATi too.

Tomvidia's hardware guide where you add 5fps for all nvidia cards scores. While i think he lower frames and Kyro and Radeon scores.

Leader of the Anti VIA-Nvidia Army

G

rcf84,
<font color=blue>He attacked ATi too. </font color=blue>
Show me where so we can discuss whether it was justified.

<font color=blue> Tomvidia's hardware guide where you add 5fps for all nvidia cards scores. While i think he lower frames and Kyro and Radeon scores. </font color=blue>
Why? Oh, wait, NVIDIA must be paying him money? If even one <i> shred </i> of proof of this ever got out, Tom would be forever finished as a journalist of any kind. NVIDIA must be paying him a <i> lot </i> of money to make up for that kind of risk.

Next time, try to say something that makes sense, or that you can at least back up with some facts.

Regards,
Warden