Your question

Someone offered me an Alienware M15X for $675

Tags:
  • Computer
  • Alienware
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
January 6, 2013 2:30:47 AM

Its used. Should I take up the offer?? I wasnt thinking about buying a computer for another year, but i dont think offers like this come up very often.

More about : offered alienware m15x 675

a c 263 D Laptop
January 6, 2013 2:47:58 AM

I have one of these. It is a nice machine. Do you know what GPU this one has? Mine has an Radeon HD5850m. Some M15x versions have stronger Nvidia GPUs.

Also, has the system been modified (more memory, SSD vice HDD, etc)? Last, double-check that the slot style optical drive (likely a DVD-RW) actually works and will read disks.
m
l
January 6, 2013 2:51:50 AM

COLGeek said:
I have one of these. It is a nice machine. Do you know what GPU this one has? Mine has an Radeon HD5850m. Some M15x versions have stronger Nvidia GPUs.

Also, has the system been modified (more memory, SSD vice HDD, etc)? Last, double-check that the slot style optical drive (likely a DVD-RW) actually works and will read disks.

All it says is that it has 8GB RAM, an i5 processor, and a Turbo Radeon 5850
The seller says everything works fine. He didnt say wether he modified it or not.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 263 D Laptop
January 6, 2013 2:53:44 AM

Interesting. I know there are variants. Mine shipped with 6GB of memory and an i7. Looks like the same Radeon HD5850m.

Is this someone you know, or via Craigslist (or something similar)?
m
l
January 6, 2013 2:54:25 AM

adleproduction said:
Its used. Should I take up the offer?? I wasnt thinking about buying a computer for another year, but i dont think offers like this come up very often.

Granted it is a bit higher- but I can sell you a "Brand New-Factory Sealed" "ASUS G75VW-DS71" for $1155.00 plus shipping (along with a copy of Office Depot receipt and copy of delivery confirmation)- I am in San Pedro, CA 90731

m
l
January 6, 2013 3:22:18 AM

COLGeek said:
Interesting. I know there are variants. Mine shipped with 6GB of memory and an i7. Looks like the same Radeon HD5850m.

Is this someone you know, or via Craigslist (or something similar)?

Its on Kijji (basically like a Canadian version of craigslist)
He sent be some pics of it that look legitimate
m
l
a c 263 D Laptop
January 6, 2013 3:38:32 AM

Check to see if still under warranty. Not a bad deal. I would offer less, say 600 and haggle from there. You take all risk when buying like this.
m
l