ODD DVD RW ISSUE

I HAVE A SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK AND ONE DAY THE OPTICAL DRIVE NO LONGER PLAYED
DVD'S COPIED ON DVD-R CDS EVEN THE ONES IT HAD COPIED IN THE PAST. YET IT
WOULD STILL PLAY DVD+R?? NOW THE OTICAL DRIVE WILL NOT BURN ANY DATA OR DVD
AND GIVES ME A RESOURCE ERROR MESSAGE. I KNOW IT IS NOT A RESOURCE ERROR AS I
HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS BRANDS. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

The first order of business is to repair your keyboard -- your caps lock key
is stuck.

Once you have repaired your keyboard, post back with useful information --
post the exact wording of the error message.

steve

"JAMERSON1980" <JAMERSON1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE A SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK AND ONE DAY THE OPTICAL DRIVE NO LONGER PLAYED
> DVD'S COPIED ON DVD-R CDS EVEN THE ONES IT HAD COPIED IN THE PAST. YET IT
> WOULD STILL PLAY DVD+R?? NOW THE OTICAL DRIVE WILL NOT BURN ANY DATA OR
> DVD
> AND GIVES ME A RESOURCE ERROR MESSAGE. I KNOW IT IS NOT A RESOURCE ERROR
> AS I
> HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS BRANDS. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

caps lock key repaired.

The error message reads

There was a problem writing to the disc. you can try again by clicking the
retry button. You will need another blank disc ready.

And in the advanced error message it reads -

Sense 04 ASC: 44 ASCQ:D6 (Command 00)
px.dll: 2.0.22.503
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.12.0
pxmas.dll: 2.0.22.503
pxwave.dll: 2.0.22.503
PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

"Og" wrote:

> The first order of business is to repair your keyboard -- your caps lock key
> is stuck.
>
> Once you have repaired your keyboard, post back with useful information --
> post the exact wording of the error message.
>
> steve
>

> "JAMERSON1980" <JAMERSON1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I HAVE A SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK AND ONE DAY THE OPTICAL DRIVE NO LONGER PLAYED
> > DVD'S COPIED ON DVD-R CDS EVEN THE ONES IT HAD COPIED IN THE PAST. YET IT
> > WOULD STILL PLAY DVD+R?? NOW THE OTICAL DRIVE WILL NOT BURN ANY DATA OR
> > DVD
> > AND GIVES ME A RESOURCE ERROR MESSAGE. I KNOW IT IS NOT A RESOURCE ERROR
> > AS I
> > HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS BRANDS. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

"JAMERSON1980" <JAMERSON1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE A SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK AND ONE DAY THE OPTICAL DRIVE NO LONGER PLAYED
> DVD'S COPIED ON DVD-R CDS EVEN THE ONES IT HAD COPIED IN THE PAST. YET IT
> WOULD STILL PLAY DVD+R?? NOW THE OTICAL DRIVE WILL NOT BURN ANY DATA OR
> DVD
> AND GIVES ME A RESOURCE ERROR MESSAGE. I KNOW IT IS NOT A RESOURCE ERROR
> AS I
> HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS BRANDS. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Why are you shouting at us?

It sounds like you may have a faulty drive, but have you checked in the
Device Manager (Control Panel, System Properties, Hardware) to see if there
is any warning showing on the device?
If you reply please don't shout- turn the capital letters off.. Some people
will not respond to you shouting at them.

the device manager says that the drive is working properly.

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "JAMERSON1980" <JAMERSON1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I HAVE A SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK AND ONE DAY THE OPTICAL DRIVE NO LONGER PLAYED
> > DVD'S COPIED ON DVD-R CDS EVEN THE ONES IT HAD COPIED IN THE PAST. YET IT
> > WOULD STILL PLAY DVD+R?? NOW THE OTICAL DRIVE WILL NOT BURN ANY DATA OR
> > DVD
> > AND GIVES ME A RESOURCE ERROR MESSAGE. I KNOW IT IS NOT A RESOURCE ERROR
> > AS I
> > HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS BRANDS. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!
>
> Why are you shouting at us?
>
> It sounds like you may have a faulty drive, but have you checked in the
> Device Manager (Control Panel, System Properties, Hardware) to see if there
> is any warning showing on the device?
> If you reply please don't shout- turn the capital letters off.. Some people
> will not respond to you shouting at them.

TRENDING THREADS