windows stalls at splash screen!!

I am running windows XP Home edition with SP2. When starting up it stalls at
the XP splash screen with the flashing bar below it. I can start in safe mode
but haven't had any luck with the system restore.

Thanks for any help
1 answer Last reply
More about windows stalls splash screen

    Successful safe mode indicates a defective driver. Check Microsoft support
    knowledge database, if another computer is available, for troubleshooting
    procedure.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

Splash Screen Windows XP