Cannot Save to D:

I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime I
do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read Only"

Can somebody help please?

You can't "save the files to a cd" you can write the files on a cd or dvd.Try
installing a writeable cd or dvd,put the files or jpgs in a new folder that
you
create,R.click on the folder,select,move to cdrw or dvdrw.

"Michael Hobby" wrote:

> I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime I
> do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read Only"
>
> Can somebody help please?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

XP doesn't write to DVD's but you should be able to use explorer to write to
a CD, re-writable or not.

Neil

"Michael Hobby" <michael@henllan3959.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime I
>do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read
>Only"
>
> Can somebody help please?

It means you can't save to the D: drive just like it says.

Use a new unused DVD disk, open your writing software, then save them to the
new disk.

Thanks for that. I followed that through and got a "Wizard" but then still
got a message to say that the cd is not wrteable or is full. It's a brand
new disc and I formatted it.

> You can't "save the files to a cd" you can write the files on a cd or
> dvd.Try
> installing a writeable cd or dvd,put the files or jpgs in a new folder
> that
> you
> create,R.click on the folder,select,move to cdrw or dvdrw.
>
> "Michael Hobby" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime
>> do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read
>> Only"
>>
>> Can somebody help please?

Is it a RW disk that you formatted or just a regular CDR?

If you formatted a CDR you will never be able to copy anything to it =) You
just made a coaster =) I smile because most of us make a lot of coasters.

Use a different CDR and copy them over to it.

You never want to format a CDR just the CDRW's

Hope that helps you out!

Kyle Holgate

"Michael Hobby" wrote:

> Thanks for that. I followed that through and got a "Wizard" but then still
> got a message to say that the cd is not wrteable or is full. It's a brand
> new disc and I formatted it.
>
> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
> > You can't "save the files to a cd" you can write the files on a cd or
> > dvd.Try
> > installing a writeable cd or dvd,put the files or jpgs in a new folder
> > that
> > you
> > create,R.click on the folder,select,move to cdrw or dvdrw.
> >
> > "Michael Hobby" wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime
> >> do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read
> >> Only"
> >>
> >> Can somebody help please?

Sorry to be obtuse - how do I do that?
"neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
> XP doesn't write to DVD's but you should be able to use explorer to write
> to a CD, re-writable or not.
>
> Neil
>
> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
>> You can't "save the files to a cd" you can write the files on a cd or
>> dvd.Try
>> installing a writeable cd or dvd,put the files or jpgs in a new folder
>> that
>> you
>> create,R.click on the folder,select,move to cdrw or dvdrw.
>>
>> "Michael Hobby" wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my DVD+-RW but everytime
>>> do so I get the message "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read
>>> Only"
>>>
>>> Can somebody help please?

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Michael Hobby wrote:

> I am trying to save some pictures on CD through my
> DVD+-RW but everytime I do so I get the message
> "Cannot save D:\**************. Folder is Read Only"

Is your packet writing software running? To write to CD-RW
you need to have the packet writing software running and
have formatted a disk. I assume the same is true of DV+-RW.

Cheers,

Cliff

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'd try another CD if I were you. When you say you formatted it what did you
do, if you use the wizard then there is no need to format and I'm not sure
what it will do to the disk.

Neil