Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Using i730 GPS to track daughters phone

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:34:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

With our daughters permission, we're researching a way to use the GPS
function on her phone as a location device (I won't go into the reason
she's requested this).

Anyway, specifically, a way to use the internet, via a website for
example, to locate and track the location of her phone.

She has an i730 btw. Is there a service/way for us/her to do this?


__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
news:hd3ca0he9mr563c3m38nh2pe9m4259lquv@4ax.com:

> With our daughters permission, we're researching a way to use the
> GPS function on her phone as a location device (I won't go into the
> reason she's requested this).

Perhaps because she didn't request it? Why don't you just microchip her
ass when she's sleeping?
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:41:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com>
proclaimed :

>wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
>news:hd3ca0he9mr563c3m38nh2pe9m4259lquv@4ax.com:
>
>> With our daughters permission, we're researching a way to use the
>> GPS function on her phone as a location device (I won't go into the
>> reason she's requested this).
>
>Perhaps because she didn't request it? Why don't you just microchip her
>ass when she's sleeping?


hey dumbass. *She* was the one that asked if it was possible. Not
only is your reading comprehension piss poor, you're generally stupid
as well.




__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Related resources
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 8:22:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

http://accutracking.com/


"wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message
news:hd3ca0he9mr563c3m38nh2pe9m4259lquv@4ax.com...
>
>
> With our daughters permission, we're researching a way to use the GPS
> function on her phone as a location device (I won't go into the reason
> she's requested this).
>
> Anyway, specifically, a way to use the internet, via a website for
> example, to locate and track the location of her phone.
>
> She has an i730 btw. Is there a service/way for us/her to do this?
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________________
>
> People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
> safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
> -Unknown
> __________________________________________________________________________
> Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 8:59:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
news:avfca09shhehja3e37ejevr4bups1cigg8@4ax.com:

> *She* was the one that asked if it was possible. Not
> only is your reading comprehension piss poor,

Oh I know what you wrote, I just don't believe you. You don't trust your
daughter and you want to make sure she's not out turning tricks when she
tells you she's going to the library. I still say microchipping her ass
is your best bet. If she wakes up while you're doing it, just tell her
it was a bedbug that must've bit her.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:07:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In article <Xns94EA79F2B7979exeter99x@216.148.227.77>,
Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com> wrote:

> > *She* was the one that asked if it was possible. Not
> > only is your reading comprehension piss poor,
>
> Oh I know what you wrote, I just don't believe you. You don't trust your
> daughter and you want to make sure she's not out turning tricks when she
> tells you she's going to the library.

And you think that's an invasion of her privacy?

Children have NO privacy other than what's granted by the parents. As
long as the parents have the responsibility, they'll have the authority.

I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
and become responsible for themselves.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:38:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Hello ?, you will find several solutions here
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/gps-phones.html

regards

--
Andreas van Hooijdonk
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com



"wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message
news:hd3ca0he9mr563c3m38nh2pe9m4259lquv@4ax.com...
>
>
> With our daughters permission, we're researching a way to use the GPS
> function on her phone as a location device (I won't go into the reason
> she's requested this).
>
> Anyway, specifically, a way to use the internet, via a website for
> example, to locate and track the location of her phone.
>
> She has an i730 btw. Is there a service/way for us/her to do this?
>
>
>
________________________________________________________________________
__
>
> People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
> safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
> -Unknown
>
________________________________________________________________________
__
> Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:38:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, "Andreas van Hooijdonk"
<ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> proclaimed :

>Hello ?, you will find several solutions here
>http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/gps-phones.html
>
>regards


thanks. I'll look the site over. I want her to have the ability to
turn it on and off as well as use the phone for mapping.




__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 12:38:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
news:68vca0ti4nl9nh1s9medqsaqqeekk401jn@4ax.com:


> Wow. That was a really really cheap shot.

Welcome to the usenet experience!!

> It was totally uncalled
> for. Seek help.

I have and my doctor suggested I let off some steam by taking cheap
shots at people on usenet. It's cheaper than the prescription he wanted
to give me!!
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 12:38:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com>
proclaimed :

>wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
>news:68vca0ti4nl9nh1s9medqsaqqeekk401jn@4ax.com:
>
>
>> Wow. That was a really really cheap shot.
>
>Welcome to the usenet experience!!
>
>> It was totally uncalled
>> for. Seek help.
>
>I have and my doctor suggested I let off some steam by taking cheap
>shots at people on usenet. It's cheaper than the prescription he wanted
>to give me!!

*plonk*


__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 12:44:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
news:o 10da0tdfc9dkl5sqs9ehbk73q83tkt0uc@4ax.com:


> *plonk*

$20 says you are a false plonker!!
May 16, 2004 3:56:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I heard of it working on MS mappoint and street's but I never seen it work
first hand. I was talking with a Nextel rep and she did say there is a
feature at extra cost of course to track the phone ever move if you had an
older phone that had java like the i90 or the i85 they also can be tracked
with the java software. this form what I been told by nextel I just wanted
to pass on form what I heard only
"wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message
news:tovca0hcs79ad3jo58pl85ur8ih9glnsi9@4ax.com...
> Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, "Andreas van Hooijdonk"
> <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> proclaimed :
>
> >Hello ?, you will find several solutions here
> >http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/gps-phones.html
> >
> >regards
>
>
> thanks. I'll look the site over. I want her to have the ability to
> turn it on and off as well as use the phone for mapping.
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________________
>
> People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
> safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
> -Unknown
> __________________________________________________________________________
> Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 6:14:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Amen To That!!!!

DR

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
news:elmop-C0FB24.18070715052004@news.usenetserver.com...
> In article <Xns94EA79F2B7979exeter99x@216.148.227.77>,
> Exeter <Exeter@spamex.com> wrote:
>
> > > *She* was the one that asked if it was possible. Not
> > > only is your reading comprehension piss poor,
> >
> > Oh I know what you wrote, I just don't believe you. You don't trust your
> > daughter and you want to make sure she's not out turning tricks when she
> > tells you she's going to the library.
>
> And you think that's an invasion of her privacy?
>
> Children have NO privacy other than what's granted by the parents. As
> long as the parents have the responsibility, they'll have the authority.
>
> I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
> their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
> providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
> and become responsible for themselves.
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 9:42:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:07:07 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

<snipped>
>Children have NO privacy other than what's granted by the parents. As
>long as the parents have the responsibility, they'll have the authority.
>
>I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
>their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
>providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
>and become responsible for themselves.

AMEN Brother. I'm with you on this!
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 9:42:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, Doug Jamal
<unimportantbishiv6atyahoodotcom@yahoo.com> proclaimed :

>On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:07:07 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
><elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>
><snipped>
>>Children have NO privacy other than what's granted by the parents. As
>>long as the parents have the responsibility, they'll have the authority.
>>
>>I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
>>their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
>>providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
>>and become responsible for themselves.
>
>AMEN Brother. I'm with you on this!

In our case, we got our daughter a cell phone because all of us wanted
to be able to contact each other anytime we needed to.

In the case of the GPS, she noticed that there were more and more
reports in the news of teens being abducted in broad daylight,
sometimes right in front of their houses. One thing she almost always
has with her is her cell phone. She knew that the phone had a GPS
because it was one of the features we pointed out to her when we got
it for her. She asked how it worked and we explained it to her. The
original question she asked was if the GPS could find her phone if she
lost it or got it stolen. The conversation eventually led around to
her saying it would be a good way to find if her something happened to
her. However, we didn't know if it could actually *track* the phone,
hence my original question.

However, I agree 100% that a kids privacy pretty much ends in the
bathroom. There are several studies conducted recently where kids
said that they wished their parents were more strict with them and
involved themselves with their lives on a parental level and not at
a "friend" level.

IMO, if parents were more strict and monitored their kids activities
more, there wouldn't of been a Columbine or the numerous copycat
incidents since. Many parents have stopped being authority figures
and instead, just "senior members of the household who just happen
to have kids living there too."




__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 9:42:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In article <msafa0h2itb321ptuvv36hmduk6hia3s7q@4ax.com>,
wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote:

> >>I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
> >>their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
> >>providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
> >>and become responsible for themselves.
> >
> >AMEN Brother. I'm with you on this!
>
> In our case, we got our daughter a cell phone because all of us wanted
> to be able to contact each other anytime we needed to.
>
> In the case of the GPS, she noticed that there were more and more
> reports in the news of teens being abducted in broad daylight,
> sometimes right in front of their houses. One thing she almost always
> has with her is her cell phone. She knew that the phone had a GPS
> because it was one of the features we pointed out to her when we got
> it for her. She asked how it worked and we explained it to her. The
> original question she asked was if the GPS could find her phone if she
> lost it or got it stolen. The conversation eventually led around to
> her saying it would be a good way to find if her something happened to
> her. However, we didn't know if it could actually *track* the phone,
> hence my original question.

I'd be afraid to count on something like that, simply because the phone
is the first thing they'll take from her. They may use it, they may
throw it in the river. Who knows.

There are wristwatch-type devices that do exactly what your daughter is
asking for. I see them for sale at Micro Center. They're big and bulky
and ugly, but there you have it. Abductors probably won't take the
wristwatch away like they will the cell phone.
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 10:16:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> proclaimed :

>In article <msafa0h2itb321ptuvv36hmduk6hia3s7q@4ax.com>,
> wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> >>I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
>> >>their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
>> >>providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
>> >>and become responsible for themselves.
>> >
>> >AMEN Brother. I'm with you on this!
>>
>> In our case, we got our daughter a cell phone because all of us wanted
>> to be able to contact each other anytime we needed to.
>>
>> In the case of the GPS, she noticed that there were more and more
>> reports in the news of teens being abducted in broad daylight,
>> sometimes right in front of their houses. One thing she almost always
>> has with her is her cell phone. She knew that the phone had a GPS
>> because it was one of the features we pointed out to her when we got
>> it for her. She asked how it worked and we explained it to her. The
>> original question she asked was if the GPS could find her phone if she
>> lost it or got it stolen. The conversation eventually led around to
>> her saying it would be a good way to find if her something happened to
>> her. However, we didn't know if it could actually *track* the phone,
>> hence my original question.
>
>I'd be afraid to count on something like that, simply because the phone
>is the first thing they'll take from her. They may use it, they may
>throw it in the river. Who knows.
>
>There are wristwatch-type devices that do exactly what your daughter is
>asking for. I see them for sale at Micro Center. They're big and bulky
>and ugly, but there you have it. Abductors probably won't take the
>wristwatch away like they will the cell phone.


good point. Well, I've taken martial arts for over 10 years, learned
to shoot many weapons in the military and I sure has hell never had
anyone try anything funny with me. Maybe it's time I got her
involved in both. Someone who can take care of themself usually
doesn't have to do anything anyway. People can tell just by the
confidence they exude not to mess with them.




__________________________________________________________________________

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
__________________________________________________________________________
Remove "die spammers" to email
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 11:14:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

wideglide01 <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in
news:msafa0h2itb321ptuvv36hmduk6hia3s7q@4ax.com:

> In the case of the GPS, she noticed that there were more and more
> reports in the news of teens being abducted in broad daylight,
> sometimes right in front of their houses. One thing she almost
> always has with her is her cell phone.
>
>
> The original question she asked was if the GPS could find her
> phone if she lost it or got it stolen.

Great, she would only have to convince the kidnapper to let her keep
her phone. How long do you think before the kidnappers would strap the
phone to a dog and then slap it on the ass? (or maybe even turn the
phone off?)

There is only one proven way for your daughter (or yourself for that
matter) to effectively protect herself. Buy her one of these and teach
her to shoot it:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/perfect_pocke...

Face it, when the chips are down, a cellphone, the police, or even a
GPS chip in her ass isn't going to protect her. When people start
fighting back against the scum of the world, only then will it become
a better place to live. Until then, your daughter and others like her
will just end up a statistic.
May 17, 2004 2:20:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

"wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message
news:msafa0h2itb321ptuvv36hmduk6hia3s7q@4ax.com...
> Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, Doug Jamal
> <unimportantbishiv6atyahoodotcom@yahoo.com> proclaimed :
>
> >On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:07:07 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
> ><elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
> >
> ><snipped>
> >>Children have NO privacy other than what's granted by the parents. As
> >>long as the parents have the responsibility, they'll have the authority.
> >>
> >>I have kids. They'll do what I say. And if I want to browse through
> >>their stuff or put a GPS on the cell phone I'm paying for or the car I'm
> >>providing, that's my business. If they don't like it, they can move out
> >>and become responsible for themselves.
> >
> >AMEN Brother. I'm with you on this!
>
> In our case, we got our daughter a cell phone because all of us wanted
> to be able to contact each other anytime we needed to.
>
> In the case of the GPS, she noticed that there were more and more
> reports in the news of teens being abducted in broad daylight,
> sometimes right in front of their houses. One thing she almost always
> has with her is her cell phone. She knew that the phone had a GPS
> because it was one of the features we pointed out to her when we got
> it for her. She asked how it worked and we explained it to her. The
> original question she asked was if the GPS could find her phone if she
> lost it or got it stolen. The conversation eventually led around to
> her saying it would be a good way to find if her something happened to
> her. However, we didn't know if it could actually *track* the phone,
> hence my original question.
>
> However, I agree 100% that a kids privacy pretty much ends in the
> bathroom. There are several studies conducted recently where kids
> said that they wished their parents were more strict with them and
> involved themselves with their lives on a parental level and not at
> a "friend" level.
>
> IMO, if parents were more strict and monitored their kids activities
> more, there wouldn't of been a Columbine or the numerous copycat
> incidents since. Many parents have stopped being authority figures
> and instead, just "senior members of the household who just happen
> to have kids living there too."

You are better off getting her an ATM card and have her carry a receipt
that says she has plenty of money in the bank. Set it up so only a certain
amount of money can be withdrawn at one time. The bank can tell YOU right
over the phone just when and where the card is being used. I have personally
done this with my 15 yr. old to teach her how be responsible. The bank has
told me exactly when and where she was using the card with no special
procedure other than a request over the phone speaking to the bank manager.
She calls me when she is out of money and I transfer more to her for
spending allowance. I always know where she is and what she is doing while
she is living with her mother.

Sam
May 17, 2004 3:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

"Exeter" <Exeter@spamex.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94EB90B6B57DCexeter99x@204.127.199.17...

> Great, she would only have to convince the kidnapper to let her keep
> her phone. How long do you think before the kidnappers would strap the
> phone to a dog and then slap it on the ass? (or maybe even turn the
> phone off?)
>
> There is only one proven way for your daughter (or yourself for that
> matter) to effectively protect herself. Buy her one of these and teach
> her to shoot it:
>
> http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/perfect_pocke...
>
> Face it, when the chips are down, a cellphone, the police, or even a
> GPS chip in her ass isn't going to protect her. When people start
> fighting back against the scum of the world, only then will it become
> a better place to live. Until then, your daughter and others like her
> will just end up a statistic.

AMEN TO THAT BRO!!
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 3:51:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Why don't you just buy your daughter a gun? She'll love you for it!


"Pika" <pika@chu.com> wrote in message
news:10afeb5osa05t8c@corp.supernews.com...
> I heard of it working on MS mappoint and street's but I never seen it work
> first hand. I was talking with a Nextel rep and she did say there is a
> feature at extra cost of course to track the phone ever move if you had an
> older phone that had java like the i90 or the i85 they also can be tracked
> with the java software. this form what I been told by nextel I just wanted
> to pass on form what I heard only
> "wideglide01" <wideglide01diespammers@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:tovca0hcs79ad3jo58pl85ur8ih9glnsi9@4ax.com...
> > Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, "Andreas van Hooijdonk"
> > <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ (NOZ)> proclaimed :
> >
> > >Hello ?, you will find several solutions here
> > >http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/gps-phones.html
> > >
> > >regards
> >
> >
> > thanks. I'll look the site over. I want her to have the ability to
> > turn it on and off as well as use the phone for mapping.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
__________________________________________________________________________
> >
> > People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
> > safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
> > -Unknown
> >
__________________________________________________________________________
> > Remove "die spammers" to email
>
>
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 5:39:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I'd be afraid to count on something like that, simply because the phone
> is the first thing they'll take from her. They may use it, they may
> throw it in the river. Who knows.
>
> There are wristwatch-type devices that do exactly what your daughter is
> asking for. I see them for sale at Micro Center. They're big and bulky
> and ugly, but there you have it. Abductors probably won't take the
> wristwatch away like they will the cell phone.

I kinda like the idea of "chipping" kids. Seriously.

Not for monitoring purposes, but for the same reason one chips their dog!

Larry
March 29, 2011 11:31:40 AM

Good day! I would suggest you register your daughter to SafeTREC. It is a mobile security application that I am using to keep track of the location of my kids. Like what you asked for you can check her location on their website. I hope this can help you. This is the protection I provide to my kids http://SafeTREC.com/
March 30, 2011 6:47:58 PM

Good day! I would suggest you register your daughter to SafeTREC. It is a mobile security application that I am using to keep track of the location of my kids. Like what you asked for you can check her location on their website. I hope this can help you. This is the protection I provide to my kids http://SafeTREC.com/
April 12, 2011 8:02:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!