Detonator 3 prob?

G

I have a problem with the new det 3 drivers for my Guillemot geforce2 MX. After I update the drivers I can no longer get into the advanced settings for the grafix card (i.e. all the important bits); I get an message that says something about there being an error when trying to use \windows\system\desk.cpl. Revert to older .532 drivers and I'm back in.

I'm running a budget setup with win98se on a FIC AZ11 board with a 750 duron and 128MB ram.
I also get occasional screen lock ups.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance

FiberTech

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2001
Sounds like your DL may have been corrupted. Have you tried downloading the .zip file again and reinstalling? Also, you need to make sure you have reverted back to standard VGA drivers and uninstalled all previous versions of the drivers that came with your card. The read-me file that is part of the download details the procedure. Hope this helps

G

Thanks, I tried again with the 6.35 drivers but this time spent more time making sure that I'd got rid of all the old stuff, and hey presto, sorted. I think that part of the problem is that the last time I tried to upgrade I used win98me drivers instead of the win98se ones.....dur.