Lets face it, nvidia sucks

G

I can see some of us stepping out of the whole PC gaming circle with the defeat of 3dfx. trying to get a frickin geforce card to work is the stupidest [-peep-] ive ever had to do. With my voodoo 5, or any other voodoo cards for that matter, you plug them in, load some drivers and they work. Stupid ass nvidia has to get there [-peep-] together. Even with a fresh install of ME, all the latest MOBO chipset drivers, and the latest detonator3 drivers, this peice of [-peep-] still crashes. Ive owned voodoo cards for three years and can count the number of times theyve collectivley crashed on my middle finger. Nvidia sucks, my V5 is going right back in and maybe some other sucker will buy this crappy GeForce 2 gts 64MB to crash their best games. F*** you nvidia!

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well then your motherboard or something sucks crap because all i did was pop it in, load the latest drivers, and DONE! Less than 5 min.

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

G

what if the problem is with the card ?

can nvidia boys be like the allmighty ?
error free?
No humans can be like that !!!

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Its unlikely to be the fault of the graphics card. Check for in resource conflicts and Post your system specs and lets see if we can help. Its more likely the mobo or something. and win me aint that good of an os.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
maybe some other sucker will buy this crappy GeForce 2 gts 64MB to crash their best games. F*** you nvidia!
I'll give you $60 for that piece of crap, Geforce 2 GTS. :smile:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 04/23/01 06:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

DSutcliffe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, I'll give him $65.

Check out my rig:
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=3737" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=3737</A>

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The truth is that 3dfx cards have many issues. You can't find as many postings these days because 3dfx cards are not powerful and most of them have replaced. There are numerous reasons why you will have issues with "any" video card. IRQ conflicts would be the main one. Other times using the wrong drivers. Sometimes the motherboard pci slot is bad. Static electricity could be yet another. You should try to be scientific about trouble shooting. Bitching like all the other voodoo losers is not going to solve your problem. Let me first say that owning a voodoo does not make you a loser. I own one now. But trying to preach the voodoo line of cards are being something great in the year 2001 is pretty pathetic. I have some weird issues with my voodoo 5. Well that is my $.02.

It worked yesterday! :lol:

G

Sounds like your BIOS version is too old on your MB or you've botched some CMOS settings. There could be other issues to like chipset drivers and overclocking could even be your RAM. You didn't really give enough detail about your situation. I have a Geforce 2 Ultra and it never locks up unless I overclock too far or forget to load VIA drivers and the latest and greatest support drivers for the rest of the peripherals.

G

No, I didnt botch any settings, load the wrong drivers, static my card or any of your other newbie [-peep-]. I build computers semi professionally to fund the continual upgrade of my own. Once I set that rat bastard to 2x AGP it worked fine. That is NOT an issue with my new A7M266 with the latest bios, latest VIA and AMD chip drivers, or the latest Geforce detonator drivers. It is because nVidia admits to optimizing the GTS and MX series for the intel chipsets. Im not totally antinVidia, I do see how superior they are in the card market (read virtual monopoly) and im dyin to get my hands on of of those GF3'3. While the GTS doesnt work properly, I appreciated their fog table emulation (equal to my V5) and the effects it gave to water in most apps ive seen. But having to tweak MIP levels to avoid creepy floor and wall textures as you run when my V5 takes care of that out of the box is annoying. I also can run my V5 @ 1024x768 with 4x antialiasing in UT set at highest settings and see less of a performance hit that this supposedly fast GTS @ 1.5 x 1.5. OK, OK, so its two processors against one, almost a moot point. Ill stop babbling now and let you go back to tryin to trash me. I WISH that GTS would have worked, but GF3 is here so no worries.

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
75 bux + shipping..and yes Regis that's my final offer

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well good get a radeon. Image is good as a Voodoo5 and fast as a voodoo5. Well it looks better then those geforce cards image quality. Well face it would take a Xpert 98 (rage pro 8mb) then a geforce3. And the xpert98 does play the game Black & white.

Leader of the Anti VIA-Nvidia Army

G

AGREE!!!!!!! I owned TNT2 and I couldn't even run Diablo2! Is 3DFX is already out of business?? I own GeForce2 MX and I'd prefer my Voodoo3 3000 back! F**K NVIDIA for awful cards and F**K 3DFX for stopping making good cards...

G

Hey Big,
Man, ppl just ain't gettin it..the card itself doesn't seem to be the issue as I've been just as frustrated with my GeForce 2 GTS as well. What I've found after 2 months of troubleshooting it down to what I've found it to be is:

DirextHex 8 don't like the GeForce 2 GTS series card in particular when coupled with the KT133/AMD/GeForce 2 GTS config..I've seen this problem like all over different message boards..after installing DX7 and running with that..the card run's very well..as soon as I upgraded to DirextX 8..there went the neighborhood...anyways..thats what I've found in my little headache with the card...

thanx for listening..

DT

Motivation is half the battle to success..personal intiative completes the process..:)

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
If you can't get it to run at 4X, its either your mobo's fault, your fault, or you have adefective card. Try it in another system. You AGP slot could be bad.

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Oh yeah? ATi sucks! I had an 8MB ATI RAGE PRO card and I couldn't run Nascar Racing 4 at 1600x1200! :mad: ATI SUCKS

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

G

i personaly cant stant nvidia and i would rather have a poor praforming 3dfx card then a gforce thing. no 3dfx card has impressed me nither has a nvidia i use only ati and never have problems. but your problems dont officialy lay in the card its self do a full system check make sure u have quality ram. why buy a 128bit 3dfx card that cant even compiet with even a radeon 32 meg personaly even though its not the top praformer and yet it was made to compite with a gforce256 it still comes close to even the gf2 ultra is some bench marks. but if they dont come out with the second gen radeon card i maybe forced to get a gforce3 for lack of someting better. i never owned or want to own 3dfx aside from compatition reasons im glad 3dfx is gone. ive been using a rather old card for almost 3 years a rage fury 32 meg card and havent had one problem running games even with dx8. most of peoples computer problems are made from people not upgrading drivers and setting stuff wrong. aside from falty parts its the end user that cuases most problems...

G

to add to my last post its a well known fact the first g force card had problems with athlon chipsets im not to sure if they still have those problems but since i use Athlon and will probly only continue to use AMD untill intel gets off its self and makes a quality product i dont think i would want to get a g force card unless i realy had to.

G

Nvidia cards not running at 4x AGP is a well known factor. Im not sure if it is ASUS, nvidia or VIA but ive ready in a few places (namely ASUS Site) that non intel chipsets will not work at 4x agp. As for Dx8, GTS and Athlon I can only sigh. The whole setup is going on ebay, if I can get what I paid for it then ill lap my wrist and learn from my mistakes, if not, im mad as hell I got stuck with a $300 POS. I really wanted to see it work, and when it did without lockin me up, it was nice. Oh well. Ill just have to dig up those old son of svengoolie 3d glasses and try them! =) Good day.

G

OK, let me rephrase that, the whole ASUS GTS combo is going up on ebay. I couldnt get rid of my sweet 1,380mhz baby. Although its as loud as a dang airconditioner with all the fans, I can chill my beer in it=0. ANyone have any positive reports on GeForce3 compatability? (beside you RCF)