Windows is stuck on blue screen

July 23, 2005 2:03:02 PM

When I start up my lap top, it goes thru the normal start up process, you see
tha black windows xp screen, then it goes to the HP screen, then it goes to
the blue Windows XP screen and stays there. Ive tried rebooting and starting
in safe mode, nut no luck. I stays in the blue screen on safe mode as well.
Can anyone help?
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:11:50 PM

HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
information.

Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
recovery operation.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us...

If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
reinstalled.

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=710...

--