intel r 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller- 24CB

I did a reinstall on a computer with several viruses and trojans. When I
reinstalled the 6 floppies from Microsoft and XP home edition several ?'s
showed up in other devices. I downloaded all the posible downloads from
Intel and loaded them. Only multimedia audio controller and video controller
are left with ?'s. Intel states on it's website that it no longer supportd
the 82801DB Ultra DMA controllers and that a App patch or program is to be
used. I tried this and it did not work. Is there a set of jumpers on the
motherboard that I need to change other that the bio's to have the system
recognise the integrated sound and video? I opened up the box and there is
no sound card. The model is Intel board D845GERG2 AAA97835
Bios RG84510A.86A.0017.P09.0209092000 09/09/2002 Pentium 4 256 mb
2.4ghz 478 pin processor 512k 533fsb CPP42.4B 212.24SYN1223 Thank
You Jim

Intel Desktop Board D845GERG2 Drivers
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rg2/rg2_drive.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Raichbarrtaigh" wrote:

| I did a reinstall on a computer with several viruses and trojans. When I
| reinstalled the 6 floppies from Microsoft and XP home edition several ?'s
| showed up in other devices. I downloaded all the posible downloads from
| Intel and loaded them. Only multimedia audio controller and video controller
| are left with ?'s. Intel states on it's website that it no longer supportd
| the 82801DB Ultra DMA controllers and that a App patch or program is to be
| used. I tried this and it did not work. Is there a set of jumpers on the
| motherboard that I need to change other that the bio's to have the system
| recognise the integrated sound and video? I opened up the box and there is
| no sound card. The model is Intel board D845GERG2 AAA97835
| Bios RG84510A.86A.0017.P09.0209092000 09/09/2002 Pentium 4 256 mb
| 2.4ghz 478 pin processor 512k 533fsb CPP42.4B 212.24SYN1223 Thank
| You Jim

After you load XP, make sure you load the INF (ICH4) file for the chipset
next/first and work your way down the list of drivers provided on the Intel
web site (given previously).

j;-)

"Raichbarrtaigh" wrote:

> I did a reinstall on a computer with several viruses and trojans. When I
> reinstalled the 6 floppies from Microsoft and XP home edition several ?'s
> showed up in other devices. I downloaded all the posible downloads from
> Intel and loaded them. Only multimedia audio controller and video controller
> are left with ?'s. Intel states on it's website that it no longer supportd
> the 82801DB Ultra DMA controllers and that a App patch or program is to be
> used. I tried this and it did not work. Is there a set of jumpers on the
> motherboard that I need to change other that the bio's to have the system
> recognise the integrated sound and video? I opened up the box and there is
> no sound card. The model is Intel board D845GERG2 AAA97835
> Bios RG84510A.86A.0017.P09.0209092000 09/09/2002 Pentium 4 256 mb
> 2.4ghz 478 pin processor 512k 533fsb CPP42.4B 212.24SYN1223 Thank
> You Jim

TRENDING THREADS