desktop icons disappeared panic

Hey folks my desktop icons have diappeared, and right click desktop doesn't
work at al explorer.exe is missing in processes as well. Have tried numerous
things from tring to add explorer.exe to changing the registry and nothing
works. The start bar is not there either I have to do everything via
ctrl+alt+del any suggestions? i dont use mirc!

Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons disappeared panic

    Start a new explorer.exe process via Task Manager.

    Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "nabetse" <nabetse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey folks my desktop icons have diappeared, and right click desktop
    > doesn't
    > work at al explorer.exe is missing in processes as well. Have tried
    > numerous
    > things from tring to add explorer.exe to changing the registry and nothing
    > works. The start bar is not there either I have to do everything via
    > ctrl+alt+del any suggestions? i dont use mirc!
    >
    > Please help

Explorer Desktop Icons Windows XP