Robert

I mentioned the sound card thing only in passsing... I apparently confused
everyone. The main problem is the *.sys files "missing or corrupted"
messages (isapnp.sys and pci.sys). When I boot from the setup CD, it runs
through a few steps (like asking if you want to install SCSI support, if you
want to run ASR), but stops eventually with the error "setupdd.sys could not
be loaded. Error code 4". I tried starting in safe mode and it locks up at
it sounds more like I need a boot CD to repair the missing/corrupted files
and or a registry repair. Am I reading this right? How do I make a repair
boot CD? All the hardware has been working. If it was the hardware, the
only possibility could be the sound card and I can't boot with it out of the
system either. SOOOO I don't think it is the hardware. What should I try
next? Please Help. OR should I just theow it out the window??!!??

Robert

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Robert wrote:

> I mentioned the sound card thing only in passsing... I
> apparently confused everyone. The main problem is the
> *.sys files "missing or corrupted" messages (isapnp.sys
> and pci.sys). When I boot from the setup CD, it runs
> through a few steps (like asking if you want to install
> SCSI support, if you want to run ASR), but stops
> eventually with the error "setupdd.sys could not
> be loaded. Error code 4". I tried starting in safe
> mode and it locks up at loading Windows\AppPatch\drvmain.sdb.
> From what I have gleaned from the NG, it sounds more
> like I need a boot CD to repair the missing/corrupted files
> and or a registry repair. Am I reading this right? How
> do I make a repair boot CD? All the hardware has been
> working. If it was the hardware, the only possibility
> could be the sound card and I can't boot with it out of
> the system either. SOOOO I don't think it is the hardware.
> What should I try next? Please Help. OR should I just
> theow it out the window??!!??

It sounds like there is a problem with reading the CD.
Either the CD is bad or the CD drive. See if you can beg
borrow or steal another CD and if you still have problems
consider changing your CD drive.

Cheers,

Cliff