1. What is your budget?
Preferably under 1250$ (take in mind, that I live in Denmark, and here we have 25% tax on everything.)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
As good as it gets under for my budget, but I'm willing to give up some resolution for a better GPU.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No, I have a powerhouse of a desktop.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Enough for a schoolday (5+ hours).
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I wanna play some games on the go, yes. List: CS:S, LoL, Minecraft, TF2 on Low/Medium settings - as I said, I have a powerhouse back home, so I just need it for a bit of casual gaming.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Schoolwork (what it is actually for), movie watching, web surfing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB is fine.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I don't, 'cause you probably wouldn't understand a danish site anyway.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
It needs to last 3+ years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
A DVD burner is all I need (although, I can live without it)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like ASUS a lot (because of their designs, pricing and awesome hardware)
I like Samsung (nice laptops)
I don't really dislike any brands.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
An Ultrabook would be very nice, 'cause I have to carry it to school everyday. They are also very nice looking. ATM, I'm looking at the ASUS S56CM-XX032H - opinions on that one (specs: Intel Core i5-3317U processor (1.7 GHz), 15,6" HD display (1366 x 768), 6 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 harddisk +24 GB SSD hybriddisk, 100/1000 LAN, wireless networkcard (b/g/n) og Bluetooth, NVIDIA GeForce GT635M with 2 GB DDR3 og HDMI, DVD-burner, USB 3.0, webcam, cardreader, Numpad keyboard, Windows 8 [64-bit],
Weight: 2,3 kg.)? It fits my budget and needs nicely, but I don't know what to think of the display resolution...