In Help and Support, after selecting "use tools" any menu selection gives
the error msg "initialiazation error" and hangs. Can anyone help?
ces

Hi Charles,

Is that the exact error message, or the message was something related to
ActiveX?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Charles S" <CharlesS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Help and Support, after selecting "use tools" any menu selection gives
> the error msg "initialiazation error" and hangs. Can anyone help?
> ces

Yes. When I select system info or hardware info etc.

thanks.
--
ces

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> Is that the exact error message, or the message was something related to
> ActiveX?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Charles S" <CharlesS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Help and Support, after selecting "use tools" any menu selection gives
> > the error msg "initialiazation error" and hangs. Can anyone help?
> > ces

See if these commands help, from Start, Run:

regsvr32 jscript
regsvr32 msxml3
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wbem\wbemprox.dll

If that does not help, send a screenshot to my email id (Remove "XOX." from
the address).