when i use the right mouse button nothing comes up, no little menu thing,
just nothing..even if i try to copy and paste i cant. the menu doesnt even
come up. it was working fine last night. then it just stoped..i tried to copy
and paste using the keyboard and that doesnt work either...can anyone help
me??
-erica

If no shortcut menu appears and the menu flashes, the Enable Dragging And Dropping
check box has been cleared. This option enables shortcut menus and the drag-and-drop
capability.

To enable the option, right-click the Start button, choose Properties, and then click
Customize. If you're using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab and then,
in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.
(If you're using the classic Start menu, the option appears in the Advanced Start
Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box.)

Hope it that's simple.

"erica" <erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i use the right mouse button nothing comes up, no little menu thing,
> just nothing..even if i try to copy and paste i cant. the menu doesnt even
> come up. it was working fine last night. then it just stoped..i tried to copy
> and paste using the keyboard and that doesnt work either...can anyone help
> me??
> -erica

it would have helped...but the thing is tho, when i do press the right mouse
button, no menu shows up...nothing happens at all..and thats my problem

"TaurArian" wrote:

> If no shortcut menu appears and the menu flashes, the Enable Dragging And Dropping
> check box has been cleared. This option enables shortcut menus and the drag-and-drop
> capability.
>
> To enable the option, right-click the Start button, choose Properties, and then click
> Customize. If you're using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab and then,
> in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.
> (If you're using the classic Start menu, the option appears in the Advanced Start
> Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box.)
>
> Hope it that's simple.
>
> "erica" <erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i use the right mouse button nothing comes up, no little menu thing,
> > just nothing..even if i try to copy and paste i cant. the menu doesnt even
> > come up. it was working fine last night. then it just stoped..i tried to copy
> > and paste using the keyboard and that doesnt work either...can anyone help
> > me??
> > -erica

Assuming the left click works do a
System Restore
if you haven't turned it off.

> it would have helped...but the thing is tho, when i do press the right
> mouse
> button, no menu shows up...nothing happens at all..and thats my problem
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> If no shortcut menu appears and the menu flashes, the Enable Dragging And
>> Dropping
>> check box has been cleared. This option enables shortcut menus and the
>> drag-and-drop
>> capability.
>>
>> To enable the option, right-click the Start button, choose Properties,
>> and then click
>> Customize. If you're using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab
>> and then,
>> in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.
>> (If you're using the classic Start menu, the option appears in the
>> Advanced Start
>> Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box.)
>>
>> Hope it that's simple.
>>
>> "erica" <erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when i use the right mouse button nothing comes up, no little menu
>> > thing,
>> > just nothing..even if i try to copy and paste i cant. the menu doesnt
>> > even
>> > come up. it was working fine last night. then it just stoped..i tried
>> > to copy
>> > and paste using the keyboard and that doesnt work either...can anyone
>> > help
>> > me??
>> > -erica

yes left click works..and i found where it says system restore..but no button
to start a system restore...

"78 and counting" wrote:

> Assuming the left click works do a
> System Restore
> if you haven't turned it off.
>
> "erica" <erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > it would have helped...but the thing is tho, when i do press the right
> > mouse
> > button, no menu shows up...nothing happens at all..and thats my problem
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> If no shortcut menu appears and the menu flashes, the Enable Dragging And
> >> Dropping
> >> check box has been cleared. This option enables shortcut menus and the
> >> drag-and-drop
> >> capability.
> >>
> >> To enable the option, right-click the Start button, choose Properties,
> >> and then click
> >> Customize. If you're using the default Start menu, click the Advanced tab
> >> and then,
> >> in the Start Menu Items box, select Enable Dragging And Dropping.
> >> (If you're using the classic Start menu, the option appears in the
> >> Advanced Start
> >> Menu Options box in the Customize Classic Start Menu dialog box.)
> >>
> >> Hope it that's simple.
> >>
> >> "erica" <erica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304449
How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP