Sony Vaio BIOS wont open to enable Virtualisation

Hi,

I came here after literally searching everywhere on the internet. Even read the user's manual form laptop but I had no luck. So this here is my last resort. Here's my problem:

I have a one year old Sony Vaio VPCSB26FA Intel Core i5 laptop with windows 8 x64 and BIOS INSYDE R1031H4 and SMBIOS verison 2.6. It came originally with windows 7. However I upgraded to windows 8 recently in the pursuit of using HV for app development. After the update I checked my system settings and found that all Hype-V options were "Yes" except for "Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Frimware" was "No".

After a little bit of research it was fairly simple to enable it. Just open your BIOS menu and enable it from there. So I restarted my computer to enter the BIOS but I had no luck. I literally tried all the buttons F1/F2/F3/F11, pressed them repeatedly, pressed them in combination with Fn during different restarts but still nothing. The thing that I noticed is that my motherboard's manufactures logo Insyde H2O stopped splashing on start up, and even Sony Emergency Recovery (F10) stopped responding. I power up my laptop then a couple of seconds later windows 8 splash screen appears.

I'm utterly frustrated as to why I can't enter my BIOS.

I'm open to try any suggestions and I deeply appreciate any help I get.

Best regards,
H.M
2 answers Last reply
More about sony vaio bios wont open enable virtualisation
  1. Turn laptop off. Then use the assist button. Hold it down until laptop boots and it will offer you options.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1712Q1EW/tips-and-solutions

Enjoy!

Tim
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS Sony Vaio Laptops