Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 23, 2005 8:44:02 PM

I have a home network which I share my files from a Windows XP Home Edition
computer, and I have 4 different computers all of them are XP Home Edition.
On one of them When I click on the workgroup icon I get the following
message:
"not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permissions."
I have shared the folder and the drive. I have administrator rights on my
XP computer. I have DSL Internet, a router and switch. Please help

API
Erick

More about : peer peer network

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:53:53 AM

In Home edition, you do not need to 'share a folder', the 'shared documents' folders of each profile are shared already. I would
guess by 'workgroup icon', you are trying to say "My Network Places icon", which would imply that you are not in the right
workgroup. Running the Network Setup Wizard, by default, put you in the MSHOME group.

Windows XP Network Problem Solver:
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson