double click on my computer after reboot

i recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall windows xp
pro.after i reloaded and reudated everything i ran into a problem.
once i turn the computer on and double click on my computer it takes
about 5 minutes to find the contents.once the contents are found i can
close my computer and double click it again it shows up right away.it
seems to me that when the computer shuts down and then i restart that
particular path to my computer is lost and it has to try to find it
everytime i start the computer. dont know where to look or have any
idea why this would be happening.

any help would greatly be appreciated.
thanks

--
dastorm
1 answer Last reply

    Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "dastorm" <dastorm.1snbq9@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > i recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall windows xp
    > pro.after i reloaded and reudated everything i ran into a problem.
    > once i turn the computer on and double click on my computer it takes
    > about 5 minutes to find the contents.once the contents are found i can
    > close my computer and double click it again it shows up right away.it
    > seems to me that when the computer shuts down and then i restart that
    > particular path to my computer is lost and it has to try to find it
    > everytime i start the computer. dont know where to look or have any
    > idea why this would be happening.
    >

    > any help would greatly be appreciated.
    > thanks
    >

    > --
    > dastorm

Support Computers Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP