double click on my computer after reboot

July 24, 2005 12:07:25 AM

i recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall windows xp
pro.after i reloaded and reudated everything i ran into a problem.
once i turn the computer on and double click on my computer it takes
about 5 minutes to find the contents.once the contents are found i can
close my computer and double click it again it shows up right away.it
seems to me that when the computer shuts down and then i restart that
particular path to my computer is lost and it has to try to find it
everytime i start the computer. dont know where to look or have any
idea why this would be happening.

any help would greatly be appreciated.
thanks

--
dastorm
Anonymous

Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org