2D Performace of a GeForce 2/3.

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
My friend boght a brand new top of the range Iiyama 19" monitor and the image was [-peep-] in windows, blurred text etc.. We took that [-peep-] Voodoo 3000 because we blew it because of a [-peep-] Trojan which lets you talk to a victim "matrix" style. Apparently you can't even do ctrl+alt+del when it activates, I reckon it skips the OS and writes to the graphics card directly, because the image sits ontop of widows altogether. the pc hung and we had to reboot while it was in "matrix" mode.

On reboot the screen had dots all over it and what looked like pixels missing! This is even as early as the memory count. Now the Voodoo3 is trashed, coz it doesn't even display windows properly. We stuck in a an old Matrox Millennium 2 8MB (fantastic card) the image quality was fantastic. Clear text, and everything!

So I say to those shitty 3d accelerator companies, to stick to what they know! Voodoo does [-peep-] 2D, and now can't keep up with the 3D either!

What I want to know is, will a GeForce 3 card have good 2d performance as good as even an old Matrox? Or are they [-peep-] as well. Is that Voodoo trashed forever, can I maybe flash the BIOS?

I guess the best 2d performance will be from a Matrox then an ATI, but I want a GeForce 3! Oh well.....

any comments, answers would be interesting.

Beer is the devil's piss.

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
You can check out my observations about this <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">HERE</A>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
2d performance has been negligible for the last few years. all cards are almost the same today. it sounds like a monitor issue with the blurry text. you can check the diagnostics in the drivers, but it almost certainly not a graphics card issue.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...