High Speed USB port

July 24, 2005 7:35:11 AM

I just bought an external USB drive to back up my system. During the
installation process it said that there were no High Speed Ports on my
system. It said I can still use the drive, but the back up process would be
slower. It is VERY slow.

Two questions:

Is it possible to easily install a new USB port or replace the one there
already?

My knowledge is limited, but can the one I have be upgraded with a new
driver?

Thanks, Gene

More about : high speed usb port

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 7:35:12 AM

Assuming you are talking about a desktop computer
do a google search for something like:
pci usb2.0 card
and you will find many choices.
If a laptop you can do a search for:
laptop usb2.0 card
and again find many choices.

"Aloha" <bigislandhilo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p %DEe.4521$6M3.2888@trnddc03...
>I just bought an external USB drive to back up my system. During the
>installation process it said that there were no High Speed Ports on my
>system. It said I can still use the drive, but the back up process would
>be slower. It is VERY slow.
>
> Two questions:
>
> Is it possible to easily install a new USB port or replace the one there
> already?
>
> My knowledge is limited, but can the one I have be upgraded with a new
> driver?
>
> Thanks, Gene

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:25:36 PM

Go to your ;local Staples, Officedepot, Office max, Walmart, etc. - Card
will cost between $20 and $35 depending on number of ports.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL